LOT Calculator / Brickfolio and Ali Express

Admin,

What happend to the lot calculator. Since a few weeks the lot calculator forwards you to Ali Express. I use the LOT Calculator often and it is the best tool there is. 

Please fix this issue. I now need to pres the stop button as soon as I see the lot calculator before it forwards me to ali express.

Thanks in advance for checking the issue.

Admin,

What happend to the lot calculator. Since a few weeks the lot calculator forwards you to Ali Express. I use the LOT Calculator often and it is the best tool there is. 

Please fix this issue. I now need to pres the stop button as soon as I see the lot calculator before it forwards me to ali express.

I'm not seeing your issue.  It works just fine for me.  Maybe clearing cookies or something will help. I'm not too computer technical though.

Thanks for the reply.

Ik tried clearing cookies and browser history. But problem is still there. I have the issue a few days now. And my girlfriend just contacted me. She has the problem also on her laptop.

We use google Chrome. 

As soon as you click Tools --> Lot Calculator. It goes to the lot calculator while the page is loading you see in in the bottom of the screen the pages he is loading. As soon as all pages of brickpicker are loaded you see he starts loading Ali Express.com and then forwards to that page. 

Anyone else has or had this problem ?

Admin,

Good Morning,

This same issue has happened to a few member here and has nothing to do with BrickPicker. You visited a site (aliexpress) that installed a type of browser hijacker on your computer. Now when it detects certain sites being visited, it redirects you to aliexpress without your permission. Please google "aliexpress browser hijack" and follow the directions from one of the many sites that have documented this.

If you have more trouble, please feel free to let us know but the reality is that there isn't much we can do for you other than provide guidance from a distance.

• Like 3

See my post

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/13564-non-lego-daily-discussion/?p=443889

And also my post in the same thread, a few days before.

One thing mods could do to help: delete links to ali express (like the one I clicked on here at brickpicker).

I already removed them all... :)

If you find any, please let me know and I'll remove them too.

Further to this all... if anyone suspects their router may have been compromised, here's a simple test.

1) Open your browser and follow the link that takes you to the "bad" place.

2) Try it from somewhere else...

- either a different browser you don't normally use - but use it in "private" mode.

- or on a different computer or tablet in our house (who doesn't own multiple these days?)

If both devices take you to the malicious site, resetting to a previous restore point will not help unless you're routing all internet traffic through a local computer setup as a proxy. If you know what i mean, you don't need any help... if you don't know, don't worry you probably aren't.

If you're getting weird or suspicious results, try the free router checker tool from F-Secure https://campaigns.f-secure.com/router-checker/. It sounds promising and is free for now.

Further to this all... if anyone suspects their router may have been compromised, here's a simple test.

1) Open your browser and follow the link that takes you to the "bad" place.

2) Try it from somewhere else...

- either a different browser you don't normally use - but use it in "private" mode.

- or on a different computer or tablet in our house (who doesn't own multiple these days?)

If both devices take you to the malicious site, resetting to a previous restore point will not help unless you're routing all internet traffic through a local computer setup as a proxy. If you know what i mean, you don't need any help... if you don't know, don't worry you probably aren't.

If you're getting weird or suspicious results, try the free router checker tool from F-Secure https://campaigns.f-secure.com/router-checker/. It sounds promising and is free for now.

You can also use one of these free tools : CCCLEANER or Malewarebytes ... ( take the free version )

Edited by gravtation

• 2 weeks later...

Under the Lego Price Guide field, I typed in 3315 for Olivia's House.

I clicked on the icon/description and was redirected to the Aliexpress webpage:

A page full of women's hair extensions.  Then it goes to the data page for Olivia's House...

Strange.  I tried it a few more times with the same result.

I'm using Chrome with Adblock Plus along with AdFender in the background.

Windows 7 Pro in the background.

Legit?  Has anyone else experienced this?

Under the Lego Price Guide field, I typed in 3315 for Olivia's House.

I clicked on the icon/description and was redirected to the Aliexpress webpage:

A page full of women's hair extensions.  Then it goes to the data page for Olivia's House...

Strange.  I tried it a few more times with the same result.

I'm using Chrome with Adblock Plus along with AdFender in the background.

Windows 7 Pro in the background.

Legit?  Has anyone else experienced this?

I've merged your new topic with this one... exact same issue and some good info here for you.

Well clearing the browser history / cookies did not help.

A tablet and laptop come up with the same issue when visiting this website.

Why only  this website?

Some routers are vulnerable to the virus hijacking the DNS entry ... and playing the game that way ... do you know how to configure your router? Also, can you check the TCP/IP configuration for your computer (if you tell me what OS, I can direct you). The companies that provide solutions to removing the virus have been less than forthcoming about all the ways the virus can mess around with your environment.

win 7, 64 bit

Alrighty..

1) Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections

2) Right click your Local Area Connection or Wireless Network Connection (whichever you're using)

3) Select Properties

4) Go to the IP4 row, select it and click the properties button.

You should see that both sections are set to automatic.

post-8090-0-43433300-1428724281_thumb.pn

If you don't see that, then please share what you see. If you do see that, you could put in 8.8.8.8 for the Preferred DNS Server (it's a Google server, it's safe) but if your other computers and tablets are messed, I expect you're seeing "automatic" as the current option.

Next step will be to determine if your router was compromised.

looks to be automatic on the laptop...appears same as your example

Next you need to check the DNS configuration of your home router. I can point you in the right direction if you tell me what model it is - but do it via PM.

Have you tried one of those cleaners like ccleaner as suggested by gravtation?

I don't think that will help you but you never know.

So when I click to add an item, it takes me to a hair extension website. Anyone else having the same issue I am?

Ali e x p r e s s by any chance? Please wander over to the thread about the lot calculator to in the site feedback category (on the mobile app or I'd post a link) but we've discussed a few things over there that might help you out. Please feel free to try them and then report back over there.