MOC Highlights

TheOrcKing

1 hour ago, brickcrazyhouse said:

not really a moc, more a mod but I really like this as a price saving alliterative.

DSCF8715.JPG

My only concern about doing a modular in mostly white (I've seen several customs designs) is the yellowing factor. I'd love to do a library or hotel, but maybe a tan color is a safer choice. 

I've got a Sydney opera house, stored in a display case, out of the sunlight, in a smoke free home, and a few of the white shell pieces are starting to yellow already. The same things goes for some parts on my Red 5. I expect that to happen on vintage sets, but am surprised to see it happen on sets displayed for less than 2 years.

Now here's a MOC highlight - my daughter wanted to do some building with me last night but didn't want to just build a set (she has the treehouse to finish from the Jungle Rescue Base set and I was trying to sneak in an hour or two to build Wall-E), so we ended up grabbing a few LEGO boxes (limited parts!) and combined our builds to make this dude:

IMG_20160402_215059.jpgIMG_20160402_215119.jpg

IMG_20160402_215106-2.jpg

• Like 4