MOC Highlights

TheOrcKing

Those are some sweet mini builds. I can't believe I had not come across your flickr gallery sooner! Interesting use of parts although some 'purists' may not like seeing pieces from Mega Bloks and KRE-O in there. Still you certainly possess great talent regardless.

Thank you! Yes, I've put myself quite in the open against the cannon fodder from the purists, but the majority of my builds are "pure". When I'm building though, nothing is off limits. Off brand parts, cutting, filing, drilling, dye, paint, etc. If I have to do it to pull off the look or function I want I'll do it.

Thanks for the kind words.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thought I would share with everyone a fairly ridiculous MOC I just finished up. 

These MOCs are titled "RoboChicken", and I just finished the first character General Cluck.  As you can see, he's a no-nonsense kind of fowl and a demolitions expert to boot.  Enjoy!

• Like 2

Thought I would share with everyone a fairly ridiculous MOC I just finished up. 

These MOCs are titled "RoboChicken", and I just finished the first character General Cluck.  As you can see, he's a no-nonsense kind of fowl and a demolitions expert to boot.  Enjoy!

HA HA HA! That is awesome! One of these days somebody will be famous for creating great MOCs using those "Cars" faces like yours.

HA HA HA! That is awesome! One of these days somebody will be famous for creating great MOCs using those "Cars" faces like yours.

If you look closely at the feet (or talons per Napolean Dynamite), they are made from Prof. Z wheel wells put back to back. My five year old son actually came up with the original design for those. We started trying to build a robot, and when he showed me this back to back wheel well, I thought I looked like a chicken foot. RoboChicken and General Cluck were born shortly thereafter.

• 2 weeks later...

My next RoboChicken is up.  I don't have a name for him yet, but the new one is the white guy in the gallery.

This is NOT the same as an old TV show that's been around while, Robot Chicken.  It's my own MOC/character design.

I'm thinking about making two more members of the crew, one blue/black and one TBD.  The blue/black one will be roughly the same size, while the TBD one will be a half-sized figure along the lines of an egg with legs.  Still not sure how I'm going to pull it off, though...

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Just finished another RoboChicken - Lieutenant Shadow.  I apologize ahead of time for the lighting levels that are less than ideal. 

Here's the crew so far, with a link to the full gallery below.  Enjoy!

That's a nice little chicken crew! Are you preparing some scene/actions to make them alive? Would be nice :)

Just finished another RoboChicken - Lieutenant Shadow.  I apologize ahead of time for the lighting levels that are less than ideal. 

Here's the crew so far, with a link to the full gallery below.  Enjoy!

I am so loving these guys! You're really showing creative usage of those Cars faces (something I never could have dreamt of).

I am so loving these guys! You're really showing creative usage of those Cars faces (something I never could have dreamt of).

I've got another one coming soon entitled, "Jr.".  I will likely post later this week as I'm waiting for a shipment from Bricklink to finish it.  It's definitely a departure from the first three and hopefully you find it "egg"celent.

That's a nice little chicken crew! Are you preparing some scene/actions to make them alive? Would be nice :)

This is actually a great idea, but I have a major constraint - since these figures are decently sized, any setting would have to be even larger to maintain their scale, and my Lego collection is fairly small. 

Like anything new, I'll start out small and see where it goes.  Every RoboChicken needs a coop...thanks for the encouragement!

Here is one MOC I came across on Eurobricks.

Designer: becauseBATMAN

Name: [MOC] Stark Industries Armory [iron Man Hall of Armor]

Link: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=82642

(I will add pictures to this post later when I can get on my computer.)

Here are some pictures.

6gbtj5.jpg

5bbtjc.jpg

2n0hgh.jpg

dyrxgj.jpg

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for the following MOC. It is a Palace Cinema with alternate movie posters from movies like Forrest Gump, Thor, LOTR, and many others.

Designer: Johan the Yellowhead

Name: Alternate Palace Cinema Movie Posters

foto_1.jpg

foto.jpg

Here are some other photos of someone else's Palace Cinema with custom posters.

9342415428_16e4c52c13_z.jpg

9342415430_8f1f198eaf_z.jpg