Bricklink/BrickOwl - Discussion, questions, & answers

How do you cancel a Bricklink order? I had a seller message me saying one of the items I ordered was not in stock, I ordered from him because he had the 3 pieces I needed. I don't want the other random stuff I ordered to get over the $ amount per order threshold if I can't get one of the parts I actually needed.

I think you just message him and say you'd like to cancel.  They should understand and cancel it for you.

How do you cancel a Bricklink order? I had a seller message me saying one of the items I ordered was not in stock, I ordered from him because he had the 3 pieces I needed. I don't want the other random stuff I ordered to get over the $ amount per order threshold if I can't get one of the parts I actually needed.

Here

http://www.bricklink.com/help.asp?helpID=73&q=cancel

I am fairly small, with around 50K parts. I have my parts broken down by type and size, with colors still mixed together for the most part. For example, I have a large bag of 2x plates with smaller bags inside divided into 2x2, 2x3, etc., but within each of the smaller bags the colors still mixed up.

Sent from my iPad using

I need some advice on the store I am about ready to open on Bricklink.......

I have about $7500 in inventory ready for upload to open, but it is all sealed sets, used sets or minifig's......

How well do these 3 sections sell. I do have about 85%-90% of everything I have listed below the average selling price on Bricklink, they are not super low prices but they are still lower than the average......

Any suggestions? If you don't want to waste the time here you can always message me......

Thank you in advance!!!

Generally, you're going to get faster sales and more money (even with the higher fees) on eBay or Amazon for the types of items you're dealing in.

That doesn't mean Bricklink is a bad choice, just not necessarily an optimal choice (when it comes to sell-through and profit). If you are happier with the community there or don't want to deal with Amazon and eBay hoops, that makes sense also, of course.

I'm afraid I don't know what the sell through is there, other than "lower"  than the big mall venues.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so here's an oddball question that probably has been asked before:

Is there a place on BL, (or other) to sell just the instructions for a set?   IE:  In a few of my bulk bins I have found set instructions for sets that I have no intention to build or sell whole.   There must be some small value to someone that is looking to make a set more complete by having instructions.    That, and I'd hate to throw them out...

Awesome, thanks for the fast replies.

* I can't believe I missed seeing the "Instructions" section from just going to the "Items For Sale" tab first.   I literally glanced right over it when I tried both "Books" and "Catalogs" before realizing that wasn't what I was looking for (then I posted on here)...  

Thanks for the tips on the other ways to get to the Instructions as well.

Awesome, thanks for the fast replies.

* I can't believe I missed seeing the "Instructions" section from just going to the "Items For Sale" tab first.   I literally glanced right over it when I tried both "Books" and "Catalogs" before realizing that wasn't what I was looking for (then I posted on here)...  

Thanks for the tips on the other ways to get to the Instructions as well.

It's natural.  We are all trained to ignore instructions at all times.

• 3 weeks later...

looks like bricklink finally released their long awaited redesign plans with a high level schedule. after reading the announcement, i read mostly pros.  we'll see....

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/newsview.page?msgid=862333

BrickLink Product Roadmap 2014-2015 New Feature and Milestone Announcement

by Marvin Park | 2014-10-17 EST

Dear BrickLink members,

I hope you

• Like 3

Wow! I go shopping for a few hours and when I come home the internet has exploded with good news. :D Thanks for posting this! Between this, the new World of Warcraft patch, and the upcoming improvements to Game of Thrones Ascent, I'm walking on clouds today!

I was wondering what you were going to think of this.  Glad to hear you like it, too.