{CANADA} VIP x2 Starts Today March 14 - 29

gravtation

Wondering if I should be getting more Lonely Mountains. Kind of hard to stomach the $134.xx price after tax when peopel in the states are find them in the $80-90 range. Wish the promo was better than the bionicle mask though.

Did anyone get any Elves items for the poly? I didn't see too many people looking at the Elves stuff at the Lego store.

Wondering if I should be getting more Lonely Mountains. Kind of hard to stomach the $134.xx price after tax when peopel in the states are find them in the $80-90 range. Wish the promo was better than the bionicle mask though.

Did anyone get any Elves items for the poly? I didn't see too many people looking at the Elves stuff at the Lego store.

Someone in front of me at Sherway was handed an Elves poly with their Elves purchase.

Not sure how well the Bionicle pack will do, but the clerk gave me 2 at least! Gunna have way more of these then i want at the end of this event...

A bit skeptical myself about Lonely Mountain as an investment, but i think this is/will be the best deal Canada sees on this set if it is on it's way out the door (%20 + 2x VIP + Bionicle poly). TRU.ca with %20 + cineplex coupon was good too, but poofed fast.

Got 3 total now, and i think that's it for me.

• Like 1

Someone in front of me at Sherway was handed an Elves poly with their Elves purchase.

Not sure how well the Bionicle pack will do, but the clerk gave me 2 at least! Gunna have way more of these then i want at the end of this event...

A bit skeptical myself about Lonely Mountain as an investment, but i think this is/will be the best deal Canada sees on this set if it is on it's way out the door (%20 + 2x VIP + Bionicle poly). TRU.ca with %20 + cineplex coupon was good too, but poofed fast.

Got 3 total now, and i think that's it for me.

hey Sandwraithx!!  I've been out of the loop past 6-8months (as you know)...did you just say 20% off and 2x VIP pts at Lego stores?!  Nice.  Lonely Mountain looks like a cool display set/fun build.  

hey Sandwraithx!!  I've been out of the loop past 6-8months (as you know)...did you just say 20% off and 2x VIP pts at Lego stores?!  Nice.  Lonely Mountain looks like a cool display set/fun build.  

Haha hey Weakside,

%20 is only on a handful of sets, Lonely Mountain being the better option with it's limited availability and few discounts up north.

Good time to get those TB's you never got! :P

If i apply the VIP card at the store during x2 VIP Points. Do i get x2 Points on the same day purchase?

If you use present your VIP card at the store, you should earn the points instantly because, well, you have the product. When you order online, you only get the 2x points when your credit card is charged which is normally when the order moves to the In Warehouse status.

If you apply points to a purchase during 2xVIP points, you don't earn points on the money you saved. The general rule around here is "don't spend points during 2x VIP points if you don't have to."

If I didn't answer your question, let me know.

• Like 1

The general rule around here is "don't spend points during 2x VIP points if you don't have to.

Words of wisdom right there!

Seeing lots of folks on this forum stating they are burning points during this event. Maybe they have their reasons and need to dump some (i certainly don't recommend accumulating too many points as a ban could render them useless/lost), but i wouldn't suggest using any during 2xVIP, just save em till it finishes.

• Like 1

Also why are the easter eggs such a crazy item, my girlfriend pointed them out weeks ago and i didnt listen, ughhhhhhh lol

Might be the neat format these new seasonal sets are in. Last year the brickbuilt animals/creatures were a bit odd imo.

Now we have sets with minifigures and in a cool somewhat modular scene. I am personally pretty excited to see what the Halloween one will be :D

Edited by Sandwraithx157

but i mean once easter is over whats the plan, buying this due to minifigs or reselling next year?

The Easter set has a lot of rare-coloured bricks. A lot of people are flipping them right away... others are hoping they'll sell out before Easter comes and that they'll appreciate in value. Some will probably save them for next year since Lego's pattern seems to be that these little seasonal sets are only out for a few months.

See the 40121 set thread its call to check online. :)

Hope you all will consider me an honorary Canadian...

One of the things I manage is translation formatting and conversion of English brochures to French Canadian for support for the Quebec province since they do not display English literature.  We do the whole turnkey from translating to indesign to printing and distribution.  So I feel a special affection for my Canadian brethren...

• Like 1

One of the things I manage is translation formatting and conversion of English brochures to French Canadian for support for the Quebec province since they do not display English literature.  We do the whole turnkey from translating to indesign to printing and distribution.  So I feel a special affection for my Canadian brethren...

No politics in the forums.. ;) Recent politics have nothing on the history of the English and French in Canada. hehe

I don't personally invest in the seasonal sets .. too risky, small margins. Usually just try to acquire one for us and if I end up with more I sell them.

No politics in the forums.. ;) Recent politics have nothing on the history of the English and French in Canada. hehe

I don't personally invest in the seasonal sets .. too risky, small margins. Usually just try to acquire one for us and if I end up with more I sell them.

Ok Ok I am going to bed now but to be an honorary Candian I have a lot to learn!

I did not even know those policies were a debatable topic in Canada nor did I mean to imply that thought. LOL

OK here you go

je joue au tennis

ja habite a la grange

I took 3 years of french in high school

The only two things I know are I play tennis and I live in La Grange

I stopped playing tennis 10 years ago and I moved from La Grange 25 years ago

LOL

Nice... :)

• Like 1