Offer for an ebay store 4-month trial

sroster

Hello.  So since it is a slow day thought I would pester all the experts with a store.  I just got an email from ebay offering a $10 monthly discount for 4 months to open an ebay store (so basic store will cost $4.95 a month instead of $14.95 a month for 4 months).

Is this a no brainer?  I am not a huge seller but probably list 15-20 items a month or so and if they are free I probably would do more.  It says there is a disount in final value fees if you have a store, what is the discount exactly?  I recently qualified for the top seller discount so I assume it stacks with that?

Thanks for your help!

I believe the discount in seller fees is 1% for a basic store so you should look at your total final value fee amount paid in an average month and see what that 1% would mean to you. I signed up for a store last year before Christmas and I'm glad I did. You get 150 free listings a month and it gives you a lot of freedom to not have to worry about using free listings or paying for listings individually.

Edited by jbacunn
  • Like 2

There is also a calculator when you start to sign up for a store that lets you compare fees with store and without. Don't know how to get there but you should be able to find it. This is what made the decision for me. If you sell enough the discount almost pays for the store.

Edited by jbacunn

There is also a calculator when you start to sign up for a store that lets you compare fees with store and without. Don't know how to get there but you should be able to find it. This is what made the decision for me. If you sell enough the discount almost pays for the store.

Here's the link to the calculator

http://www.fees.ebay.com/feeweb/feeillustrator

Thanks for the calculator.  I'm even between no store and Basic.  

What happens if I cancel in the fourth month?  My store gets deleted?

Just read the fine print. First, the monthly rate is higher unless you agree to a 1-year contract. Then, if you do commit, and cancel before the year is up, you pay an early termination fee. It doesn't say what that is.

I'm very tempted to sign up myself, as it amounts to roughly a 30% discount for the year and have thought about it more than once the past few months anyway.