Paypal business account...any drawbacks?

sroster

So when I log in paypal it is offering to upgrade me to a paypal business account for free.  Is there any reason not to upgrade?  It says it is free and comes with some perks that don't sound relevant to me really but just seeing if I'm dumb not to upgrade and being a stubborn old man.  Don't want some situation where they start charging you on the down low in 3 months or something.  Thanks!

I think the only difference fee-wise is that with a personal account, your first 5 payments received each month (or year?) don't get charged transaction fees. On the other hand, with the business account you can send invoices, take payment from customers' credit accounts (PayPal credit or PayPal-linked credit cards), etc. You also have instant access to your funds no matter the amount - with personal accounts they will sometimes hold your funds for a period of time (as much as 7 days) before you can use them.

I use invoicing frequently and like the flexibility I have to move funds around immediately. The fee increases are negligible and honestly I did not even notice the difference.

• Like 1

So when I log in paypal it is offering to upgrade me to a paypal business account for free.  Is there any reason not to upgrade?  It says it is free and comes with some perks that don't sound relevant to me really but just seeing if I'm dumb not to upgrade and being a stubborn old man.  Don't want some situation where they start charging you on the down low in 3 months or something.  Thanks!

You are allowed one business and one personal account. Best of both worlds?

I think the only difference fee-wise is that with a personal account, your first 5 payments received each month (or year?) don't get charged transaction fees. On the other hand, with the business account you can send invoices, take payment from customers' credit accounts (PayPal credit or PayPal-linked credit cards), etc. You also have instant access to your funds no matter the amount - with personal accounts they will sometimes hold your funds for a period of time (as much as 7 days) before you can use them.

I use invoicing frequently and like the flexibility I have to move funds around immediately. The fee increases are negligible and honestly I did not even notice the difference.

I have a personal account and I don't get any fee free payments at all. Also, as long as your account is verified you can transfer as much money as you want as often as you want to your linked bank account. They don't hold the funds. The only delay is the 2-3 days it takes to transfer the funds which I assume is the same for business accounts.