75052 - Mos Eisley Cantina

glenbart

Oh no... Cantina was a "red" sold out along with AT AT and ISD, but now it has been moved to "orange" sold out while the others remain red.   I hate this red/orange nonsense.  I wish there was clear cut meaning.  I think I may cash out a bunch of these before Christmas

Red orange , it doesn't matter until it gets the retired tag.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thecrapweasel said:

True.  But someone at Lego went in and changed it.  There has to be some reason as to why they would change it.  I doubt they just do it to mess with us.  Any whatever that reason is, I don't like it

Ya, they are laughing in Denmark and now debating what new colour to introduce to Sold Out items.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GordyBrickIt said:

Hi ,

What the best price in UK for this at the moment ?.

Cheers

Gordy

Quick look of the majors and TRU at retail is the only one I can see.  eBay is at retail.  Bricklink has a couple at around £50 from Germany, so add shipping but may work out a bit cheaper than retail.  

You may get lucky and find one in store somewhere or on a smaller random site, for lower, but I’d be surprised, it's pretty much gone. 

• 2 weeks later...

Young Han may save this one but I don´t see it at any more than 2x RRP. It´s more of a minifig selection than a set. At 50% off buy-in it seems a good investment.

May the curse of the Star Wars non spacecraft playset not be repeated.

Sorry Mods, wrong thread.

Edited by valenciaeric

10 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Young Han may save this one but I don´t see it at any more than 2x RRP. It´s more of a minifig selection than a set. At 50% off buy-in it seems a good investment.

May the curse of the Star Wars non spacecraft playset not be repeated.

Sorry Mods, wrong thread.

I think that Han is the wrong figure to peg this set on. It's the same Han that comes with the microfighter. The rest of the figures and the bigfig dewback are stronger choices.

6 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I think that Han is the wrong figure to peg this set on. It's the same Han that comes with the microfighter. The rest of the figures and the bigfig dewback are stronger choices.

Have you seen how 75030 is doing? 3xRRP and you can still find them around in some shops.

• 1 month later...

Just checked this one out over on eBay nice to see its slowly on the way up now that its getting rarer to find out in the wild.  Nothing like AT-AT or SD but of the 3 this is my personal favorite.  Interesting to see how this one does long term - certainly be near the top of my wants list.

And likely to be remade last of the three...

I would have thought this one would be going for more than 11.00 over retail.  Seems to be stuck fluctuating around 80 to 85 on the low end at amazon.  But, I also think so many hoarded this one, that it's going to be a slow slow grind. 

But with the rumor of at-at's being in rogue one and a new 3.75 at-at hasbro vehicle due out in fall, there's no doubt of the 2014 summer wave this maybe the best to have long term.  I just think it's at least a 3 to 4 year hold to maybe see it go for around 200…and that's if we are lucky.

Edited by fossilrock

Yes I also like this set a lot. It somehow has more playfeatures and playability then I expected at first. Also the speeder and the dewback are fun extras. About the minifigs: my guess would be that Greedo will be worth a bit too?

Oh, and for the fans that are adjusting the 75105 Falcon into an Original Trilogy version: all you have to do is add a Chewie and a Leia to the three main characters of this Cantina set and you have the full crew again ;-)

I think this set is rad. I mean its one of the most controversial scenes in all of Star Wars. Who shot first lol. By the way Han shot first and last! This alone made me have to have this set. The fact that it all folds up as well makes for a pretty cool display piece as well as having great playability and minifigs. In terms of a remake the scene sets are a lot harder to justify a remake where vehicles and ships can and will always make new appearances in the new movies.

• Like 1

When I made my 2015 portfolio, I got 6 ISD´s for every AT AT an 3 AT AT´s per Mos Eisley and that seems to have been a reasonably accurate estimate of demand for these sets. Here, they could all be had at between 45 and 60% off so there is still a lot of stock of the latter 2 to be sold after Xmas and prices have stayed more pegged than ISD. Long term, remakes will be an issue that caps growth but it would appear that, on equal terms, this set will do the worst of the three.

3 hours ago, wceagles said:

for anyone interested in lego design/quality, this is a fascinating article/review about the dewback in 75052:

https://medium.com/quality-works/an-inquiry-into-this-lego-star-wars-dinosaur-d47d3a64c3b7#.c0iubmct8

That is a great find!  I love this quote from the article:

They wanted nothing to deter from the simple pleasure of playing with this toy.

In order to do so, they harnessed all their experience, their creativity, their exactitude. Indeed, they bestowed their mastery of craft upon this precious toy.

Edited by zskid00