LEGO Toy Fair 2015 Star Wars Display, Every Minifigure Ever Made!

joch29

• 3 weeks later...

One has to guess that the winter wave will be a Star Wars series for the upcoming movie.  They haven't announced anything beyond the second Simpsons series, and it would fit perfectly timing, since Series 14 is rumored to be halloween themed characters due out in October.  The popularity of a Star Wars minifigure series could be through the roof, if it does happen.

• Like 1

One has to guess that the winter wave will be a Star Wars series for the upcoming movie.  They haven't announced anything beyond the second Simpsons series, and it would fit perfectly timing, since Series 14 is rumored to be halloween themed characters due out in October.  The popularity of a Star Wars minifigure series could be through the roof, if it does happen.

Nope, Hasbro owns the Star Wars license for sale of individual figurines, so unless they give up that license, LEGO will be forced to make sets with mini figures in them. This is also why battle packs have never had just mini figures, other than in the early 2000's, where Lego was told to stop making entirely figurine battle packs.

Nope, Hasbro owns the Star Wars license for sale of individual figurines, so unless they give up that license, LEGO will be forced to make sets with mini figures in them. This is also why battle packs have never had just mini figures, other than in the early 2000's, where Lego was told to stop making entirely figurine battle packs.

Thanks, I was aware of that.  I'm wondering if in the future that could change.

interesting

however NECA is making simpsons anniversary figures single packed and there will continue to be simpsons minifigures

This may be due to the structuring of the deal

I think CMF Star Wars, Marvel or whatever would be huge if blind bagged

They do some popular characters and some more obscure ones

interesting

however NECA is making simpsons anniversary figures single packed and there will continue to be simpsons minifigures

This may be due to the structuring of the deal

I think CMF Star Wars, Marvel or whatever would be huge if blind bagged

They do some popular characters and some more obscure ones

It's a shame, that there cannot be Lego Action figures sold individually for Star Wars. I agree that a CMF line would be insanely wonderful. More wonderful would be vintage style carded ones, can you imagine them hanging on their tiny pegs? No use getting excited for something that won't happen though.

• 2 months later...

I guess thats part of the Lego marketing, for the Star Wars franchise, is to get the consumer to buy the set to get the new mini figs, makes it hard on the wallet, shelling out for new version of AT-AT walker just to get new variant of general veers for example. UCS Tie for new printed Tie pilot etc.

• 2 months later...

I'd sill buy the sets too.  From a collector standpoint, I think it would be cool/fun if lego would do rare variants within sets, not series.  Say a different outfit, face or mask, etc.  This would be great for collectors and resellers.  You'd be forced to open the set to see which one you got.  Win for Lego as i know I'd buy more sets just to try and find some.  I can see how some wouldn't like it though. 

Edited by conceptmachine