Movie reboots, prequels, and sequels. This is a non-Lego thread.

Sauromosis

So bringing back the old cast is no longer an option and they decided to go with an all female team as plan B?  This just doesn't interest me at all.  

Same sentiments here. This just saves me $50 bill at the movie theater, because otherwise I would take the whole family.

Reboot, sequel, prequel, remake, comic, tv show, book, video game, board game. That's 99% of hollywood anymore. It sure has saved me a lot of money though. I have a dvd/bd collection of over 600 movies and probably only 5 from the last 10 years.

Buy European stuff. Decent films are made here again.

Buy European stuff. Decent films are made here again.

I did watch Life is Beautiful the other day. I was depressed for 48 hours after.

I do watch a ton of British comedy TV. Spaced, Snuff Box, The League of Gentlemen, IT Crowd, anything Mitchell and Webb or Matthew Berry...

There are exceptions to every rule. I can find a white guy that dunks too.

Tell that to the fans of Fast Furious, Transformers, Star Trek, Avengers, Bourn, Taken, Friday the 13th, etc.  Brand recognition is a powerful stuff, otherwise we won't be talking LEGO in 2015.

Not saying you were wrong, just pointing out the "why".  Plus, made from books or comics movies are not that bad in general.

The Cabin in the Woods was probably the last Hollywood movie I watched that fit all of your requirements. ;)

yeah...i'm still bummed out from the last movie.  come on. clear big headed aliens and giant ants?  ugh. 

What are you talking about?  The last Indy movie was about the Holy Grail.  There weren't any aliens or giant ants.  That must have been some sort of fantasy.  Everyone knows there are only 3 films, and it came out in 1989.

• Like 2

amen brother, amen.  i view the orig SW (1977-1983),  Jaws 1, Porky's and Godfather 1-2 films the same way.  The other movies didn't happen.

What are you talking about?  The last Indy movie was about the Holy Grail.  There weren't any aliens or giant ants.  That must have been some sort of fantasy.  Everyone knows there are only 3 films, and it came out in 1989.

I'm still up in the air. If they do the typical over the top Hollywood comedy crap it will be bad. If however they do a more traditional comedy like the original, where the actors actual take the role seriously, then it could work.  The all female thing makes its harder because the stereo typical roles of the orignal may not work, but its doable. My only reason for believing this is even a possibility is St Vincent, where McCarthy actually played a serious role, and worked with Murray.

On another not I noticed ecto-1 has the typical TRU markup now, $55 at at least some stores.

Edited by jay4e

Amy Schumer and Kristen Schaal are hilarious. I don't get the Silverman infatuation. I mean I know she is a cute girl who talks about disgusting sex and says racist things and oh my god that's so like edgy but I feel like she tries way to hard.

I don't even know the names Schumer and Schaal. That's how much I pay attention to female comedians.

Amy Schumer and Kristen Schaal are hilarious. I don't get the Silverman infatuation. I mean I know she is a cute girl who talks about disgusting sex and says racist things and oh my god that's so like edgy but I feel like she tries way to hard.

I saw your Amy Schumer on Jimmy Fallon. She's a pretty good looking girl.