Movie reboots, prequels, and sequels. This is a non-Lego thread.

Sauromosis

Interesting. He could actually be a good choice, however I feel that may be too much Chris Pratt. GOTG and Jurassic Park are more than enough, even though he clearly is a talented actor. Indiana Jones should go to someone else if they aren`t interested in Harrison Ford anymore. 

yeah...i'm still bummed out from the last movie.  come on. clear big headed aliens and giant ants?  ugh. 

maybe it's better to let it be.  plus indiana jones is a serious char who is funny w/o trying to be funny.  pratt is funny who tries to be serious. 

i assume they can go with a diff char (no indy).

who knows.  maybe we'll find the next indy char from ep 7.

Do we really need anymore Indy movies? I say no. Leave it be.

some movies aren't meant to be rebooted.   in fact, i wish some prequels / sequels like indy 4, star wats 1-3, jaws 2-4 could be unmade.

to name a few...

original star wars

indiana jones

jaws

annie

et

the french connection

the godfather

additionally,  most reboots suck anyway.  the nolan batman films were the exception.  it couldn't get worse after that george clooney batman film.

sometimes it's worth kicking back and enjoying a movie that might even be 40+ years old. who cares.  just enjoy it :)

some movies aren't meant to be rebooted.   in fact, i wish some prequels / sequels like indy 4, star wats 1-3, jaws 2-4 could be unmade.

to name a few...

original star wars

indiana jones

jaws

annie

et

the french connection

the godfather

additionally,  most reboots suck anyway.  the nolan batman films were the exception.  it couldn't get worse after that george clooney batman film.

sometimes it's worth kicking back and enjoying a movie that might even be 40+ years old. who cares.  just enjoy it :)

I thought "The Brady Bunch" movies were great.

to name a few...

original star wars

indiana jones

jaws

annie

et

the french connection

the godfather

Movies are like a good wine, the older they are the more savoury  :derisive:

• Like 1

ha ha. it was never a movie.  i'm not talking about tv shows.

btw, i assume the 2 of the 3 latest james bond reboots are good. then again, they couldn't have gotten worse after the bronson and last couple of moore films (i liked the dalton ones),

I thought "The Brady Bunch" movies were great.

yeah...i'm still bummed out from the last movie.  come on. clear big headed aliens and giant ants?  ugh. 

maybe it's better to let it be.  plus indiana jones is a serious char who is funny w/o trying to be funny.  pratt is funny who tries to be serious. 

i assume they can go with a diff char (no indy).

who knows.  maybe we'll find the next indy char from ep 7.

i just watched the last one a few days ago and had not seen it since it came out. It's playing a lot on SciFi right now I think. The first half of that movie is not that bad. When they go to the jungle is when it turns into an abomination. Lucas must have written the second half of the movie!  The first half is pretty solid character stuff and some good action sequences. The second half is just pure bad alien movie crap and then don't forget the ants. Ants?!? Really George?!? Oh my!  

Edited by jbacunn

the horrible nuked fridge scene was in the 1st half of the movie so i dislike that portion also. lebouf was also in the 1st half looking like the fonz so that's another reason to hate it. ugh. terrible.

i just watched the last one a few days ago and had not seen it since it came out. It's playing a lot on SciFi right now I think. The first half of that movie is not that bad. When they go to the jungle is when it turns into an abomination. Lucas must have written the second half of the movie!  The first half is pretty solid character stuff and some good action sequences. The second half is just pure bad alien movie crap and then don't forget the ants. Ants?!? Really George?!? Oh my!  

I agree it's best to let great stories end and not always bring them back! Leave Indiana Jones alone!!

While I'm a huge Chris Pratt fan (GoTG is the best marvel movie IMO), why not create a new character and story line for him? Why rehash/reboot the same characters?? The lure of "guaranteed" box office success is too great for the Hollywood suits...

The last Indiana Jones film was good but we have to admit Harrison Ford cool as he be is getting a little old to whip it. As for the crystal skulls, everything far as we can speculate (or use to make fun of a guy with funky hair on the History Channel) leads to something extraterrestrial so the alien 'twist' shouldn't have been much of a surprise. My gripe about the fridge scene is only for the fact the impact from coming down to earth besides the original shock of the nuclear blast would have killed Indy other than the fallout radiation. The lead lining in those old refrigerators is true but they were not perfectly sealed and like I said either shock is more than the human body should be able to handle.

The second half is just pure bad alien movie crap and then don't forget the ants. Ants?!? Really George?!? Oh my!

I guess you never were a fan of....

bp_1422397575__them.jpg

• Like 2