Ever wonder how foreign sellers can ship so cheaply to the U.S? (E Packets)

pickleboy

If pricing like that is sustainable (e.g. not predating or illegal subsidies) for USPS and the likes then one of the following must be true:

• USPS has too much market power and acts as a dominant firm with a competitive fringe
  • There is collusion among shipping companies

The FTC should seriously look into this stuff.

The article is actually about why Alibaba should acquire Ebay, but there is an interesting part about a deal between Ebay, USPS, and foreign post offices...  

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2811055-a-major-reason-for-alibaba-to-acquire-ebay-beyond-the-obvious-ones?uide=29657625&uprof=45&dr=1

I'm a lil' upset by this, honestly.

I was surprised this was news to you.  We have touched on this on and off for quite a while

Edited by Darth_Raichu

The author states in the article .... "I bolded eBay because, alas, the ePacket is not available to other eCommerce sites!"

Is this true?  I've received several packages from AliExpress and other sites that are not affiliated with eBay and they use ePackets.  Shipping was free for all my orders.

Once companies are established, their position can be a huge advantage towards competitors.

One of the cheapest ways to buy a BMW in Germany is buying one from the US.

Now let's hear a Danish person's opinion about LEGO pricing in Denmark compared to the US ;)

• Like 1