Walmart Canada Sales and Clearance

gravtation

• 4 weeks later...

New Years resolution was to buy less and focus on short term flips when buying. So much for that. Walmart at Lawrence and Markham in scarborough is closing and when I went in today I discovered all toys are 50% off. Me and this other guy filled a cart each with all the latest sets. Some may take a while to sell but at half off you can’t go wrong. I got mostly Star Wars, including the Hoth medical bay and the snoke throne room. I’m being truthful when I say there’s nothing left. Definitely a right place at the right time fluke. If I was even an hour later there’s be nothing. 

44 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

New Years resolution was to buy less and focus on short term flips when buying. So much for that. Walmart at Lawrence and Markham in scarborough is closing and when I went in today I discovered all toys are 50% off. Me and this other guy filled a cart each with all the latest sets. Some may take a while to sell but at half off you can’t go wrong. I got mostly Star Wars, including the Hoth medical bay and the snoke throne room. I’m being truthful when I say there’s nothing left. Definitely a right place at the right time fluke. If I was even an hour later there’s be nothing. 

A Walmart closing? craziness!

• 2 months later...

Found couple of overwatch sets at good price, i've cleared them all here, 25$ for bastion worth 70$ for exemple, found some 60% off star wars too cleared has welll, but nothing big this year so far at walmart, they lowered they inventory so less clearance, but i think this summer ill make a good score principal lego shelves are fullll and they wont sell that much until summer( usualy) so when summer batch will arrive, i assume they will have more clearance, but this years is the worst year for me and deals...  I found my deals elsewhere but walmart used to be a good filler for me

Edited by TargetZero

• 2 months later...
On 4/8/2019 at 8:21 PM, TargetZero said:

Found couple of overwatch sets at good price, i've cleared them all here, 25$ for bastion worth 70$ for exemple, found some 60% off star wars too cleared has welll, but nothing big this year so far at walmart, they lowered they inventory so less clearance, but i think this summer ill make a good score principal lego shelves are fullll and they wont sell that much until summer( usualy) so when summer batch will arrive, i assume they will have more clearance, but this years is the worst year for me and deals...  I found my deals elsewhere but walmart used to be a good filler for me

Finally found some Bastion's at $24, took my store forever to drop the price lower than the previous clearance price, also some Reinhardt sets for $24. I don't dabble much in reselling LEGO anymore, but couldn't pass on these. Stash some away and build some myself.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Shneebs said:

Lego Voltron @ 20% off... ($183.89) - seems like it would be an infrequent mark-down item... sign of retirement? 

Think so.

They also had the UCS Y-wing at $168 - 33% off.  Maybe it is going as well.  Even at that price I didn't pick up any as I just don't have the room and the return will be minimal.

9 minutes ago, kouks said:

Think so.

They also had the UCS Y-wing at $168 - 33% off.  Maybe it is going as well.  Even at that price I didn't pick up any as I just don't have the room and the return will be minimal.

Wow that would have been a steal,  out of stock though, would have grabbed one for personal collection :(

Wall Mart has a few Things on Clearance right now for 30% off. Including some other sets Like Tron for 25% off. These tend to do well after the fact. Picked up a couple.

Edit: Im bias for the TRON sets.. as you can see by my Pic.. ?

Edited by Substored

• 4 weeks later...

found some 25$ set like the new jurrasic world that is 25$ and new release for 5$ got 6 of them at walmart.. some other 25$ set at 5$ has well(22 total))

found some 80$ city at 9$ also the milano from infinity war at 9$ but i missed them but they were allso tagged at 9$.

many seta t 50%

3 hours ago, TargetZero said:

found some 25$ set like the new jurrasic world that is 25$ and new release for 5$ got 6 of them at walmart.. some other 25$ set at 5$ has well(22 total))

found some 80$ city at 9$ also the milano from infinity war at 9$ but i missed them but they were allso tagged at 9$.

many seta t 50%

what set #?

Just now, LegoC777 said:

Target Zero , what province in Canada did you find these sets at??? the most discount I find for most lego sets is 35% off.

it’s happening at random all over Canada according to people on FB groups I’m on. Seems to be a scanner problem that has been fixed in the last 24 hours

Came across some star wars sets at one store for 50% off, every other store i checked had horrible discounts. Didn't bite on the star wars

even at 50% off as profit from Star Wars sets isn't what it used to be. Did however find 3 boxes of Disney Series 2 minifigures at $2 per minifigure.

This was a no brainer with the Train coming and many more Disney minifigure series coming in the future.

On 8/14/2019 at 8:39 AM, nami said:

Came across some star wars sets at one store for 50% off, every other store i checked had horrible discounts. Didn't bite on the star wars

even at 50% off as profit from Star Wars sets isn't what it used to be. Did however find 3 boxes of Disney Series 2 minifigures at $2 per minifigure.

This was a no brainer with the Train coming and many more Disney minifigure series coming in the future.

Your not going to find a better deal than 50% off... Unless you get REALLY lucky and the store managers have no clue.. which is interesting to me because I would clear the shelf for 50% of starwars (even the crappy sets.) yet I wont buy the mini figures anymore unless I get them for $1 or less. Cant move them individually. I find I need to buy the cases to sell. Its funny how sales work for different peeps. To each there own. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Substored said:

Your not going to find a better deal than 50% off... Unless you get REALLY lucky and the store managers have no clue.. which is interesting to me because I would clear the shelf for 50% of starwars (even the crappy sets.) yet I wont buy the mini figures anymore unless I get them for $1 or less. Cant move them individually. I find I need to buy the cases to sell. Its funny how sales work for different peeps. To each there own. ?

I would sell in lots of 20 for birthday parties

I guess folks don't want pre-smooshed individual bags and boxes seem to be the only guarantee

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I would sell in lots of 20 for birthday parties

I guess folks don't want pre-smooshed individual bags and boxes seem to be the only guarantee

Complete sets is the way to go. Smoosh what I can find on clearance and then fill in the holes. Disney especially  people want complete sets and pay a premium. As for the 50% star wars , if it's for personal build or gifts then great. For resale , collectors don't want these crappy remakes. Factor in shipping and fees and where's the profit? After over 10 years of doing this I've realized where the profit is. Right now star wars is not where it's  at.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nami said:

Complete sets is the way to go. Smoosh what I can find on clearance and then fill in the holes. Disney especially  people want complete sets and pay a premium. As for the 50% star wars , if it's for personal build or gifts then great. For resale , collectors don't want these crappy remakes. Factor in shipping and fees and where's the profit? After over 10 years of doing this I've realized where the profit is. Right now star wars is not where it's  at.

Some people don't ship and only sell locally like myself. I've had no luck selling minifigs, except in sealed cases and even then razor thin profits so I stay away from them. Star Wars is worth it generally for 50% off but not less for me but like already mentioned, somethings sell better for others.

• Like 1