Help with Lego VIP D$LL$RS

Rob11Z

Gents,

Like some of you, I have several "ghost" accounts that I've been using over the years with Lego.com to purchase various kits to be resold later.  Some of my accounts have been flagged and I cannot make more purchases or use earned VIP dollars.  

The issue is that I have one particular account with over $1k in VIP dollars.  I have called them and the Lego folks just say that the account has been flagged and I can't redeem my VIP dollars.  I have tried to make small purchases, like a single $20 kit with my VIP dollars and the order appears to go through, I get the confirmation email, and then nothing.  

When I check in a day or two the order shows as "Cancelled."

I am pretty sure that I am out of luck, but that is a lot of money just sitting there.  If Lego is going to flag an account why wouldn't they just delete it or lock it.  

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

-Rob

Oof, that's a lot of points :(

I had a scare a couple months ago where every large set i ordered was being cancelled instantly, however once i put an order on a small $15 set. It went through and shipped no problem. After that it seemed to have unlocked my account or something and was able to purchase large sets again.

It seems you tried that though. As a general rule of thumb i spend my points when i hit $20-30 to avoid this (likely) happening in the future ><

Other then that i do not have any experience/information on how you can possible get those points back :(

Why would you ever have let that much pile up???

^For anyone not the OP who is reading this, that's the question. The Bank of TLG is NOT a safe place to hold your money. Don't keep it in there any longer than necessary.

I use up my VIP points with almost every purchase except in rare circumstances like Double VIP month.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

As soon as my VIP points are enough to buy a set I want, I use them up there and then.  What's the point of letting "money" pile up that's not attracting any interest?

Ya, as others have said, it`s best to use them as quickly as possible. I`m guilty, I`m let them pile up as well, thought not anywhere near that high, but won`t do it anymore. If you really have that much in $$$, buy yourself a few exclusives and call it a day. That`s an impressive amount, but leaving them there just hightens the chance that you`ll get flagged, which you did, or banned and thus unable to use them. 

I save-up my vip-points till I have a certain amount (e.***. 100 euro) to buy the Tumbler for quite cheaper. That is my strategy now to reach my goal of owning as much tumblers as I possibly can. This way I do not feel it too much in my wallet and there is not too much money tight-up in this set. Cause it will take some time before this one retires.

Why would you ever have let that much pile up???

It's easy.  Make a ton of purchases and Lego took some time to update VIP points and there you have it.  It's a small number for me, but I would prefer to be able to spend it than lose it.  I am actually going to be in Boston tomorrow and I might swing by the Lego store there.  Do you just log in at the store or something?  The other issue is that the account is set up using a fake name, something other than my name.  Good times!

It's easy.  Make a ton of purchases and Lego took some time to update VIP points and there you have it.  It's a small number for me, but I would prefer to be able to spend it than lose it.  I am actually going to be in Boston tomorrow and I might swing by the Lego store there.  Do you just log in at the store or something?  The other issue is that the account is set up using a fake name, something other than my name.  Good times!

When you're paying for your items in store, they'll ask you "do you have VIP account?" You have two options... give them the card, pay any difference in cash. Or if you don't have a card they'll gladly look it up by phone number. Pay the difference in cash rather than credit card and they won't ask to see any id.

Simple huh? :)

When you're paying for your items in store, they'll ask you "do you have VIP account?" You have two options... give them the card, pay any difference in cash. Or if you don't have a card they'll gladly look it up by phone number. Pay the difference in cash rather than credit card and they won't ask to see any id.

Simple huh? :)

Roger that!  I will give it a shot and let ya'll know!