30303 - The Joker Bumper Car

TheOrcKing

Raven mentioned that he found some at a Lego discovery Center a couple of weeks ago. If you have one nearby, you might want to check there.

Still the only time I have found them.  Its a strange poly as for as limited as they have been sales are nowhere near what rocket was.  I assume people just feel they will be available and are being patient this round. 

They sell at 15-20 which by no means is bad but when Rocket was Canada only at first they were $25+ for awhile.  This one has had less availability to start and never came close to that.

Its not a TRU exclusive either so maybe there will be a wide release at some point.  Who knows just things I've noticed on there sales so far.

Still the only time I have found them.  Its a strange poly as for as limited as they have been sales are nowhere near what rocket was.  I assume people just feel they will be available and are being patient this round. 

They sell at 15-20 which by no means is bad but when Rocket was Canada only at first they were $25+ for awhile.  This one has had less availability to start and never came close to that.

Its not a TRU exclusive either so maybe there will be a wide release at some point.  Who knows just things I've noticed on there sales so far.

This variant of the Joker minifigure appears in other popular sets like the Funhouse Escape. AFAIK this Rocket Racoon minifigure only appeared in the polybag.

To me that would have to affect the price.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brickfan has some new info on the polybag.

Bottom line:  Lego might be mad at TRU for the way they handled the Bricktober promotion (selling the sets for $20 instead of doing the promotion as it was intended - free with purchase of a set amount).  Lego seems to have pulled this polybag from TRU, and is giving it to Target.  It has appeared in Target's inventory system with a DPCI attached to it:  204-00-0479 and a UPC as well:  673419233743.

It's supposed to be showing up in March or April now.

/edit:  Lego might be mad (not made) at TRU...

• Like 3

Brickfan has some new info on the polybag.

Bottom line:  Lego might be made at TRU for the way they handled the Bricktober promotion (selling the sets for $20 instead of doing the promotion as it was intended - free with purchase of a set amount).  Lego seems to have pulled this polybag from TRU, and is giving it to Target.  It has appeared in Target's inventory system with a DPCI attached to it:  204-00-0479 and a UPC as well:  673419233743.

It's supposed to be showing up in March or April now.

woo hooo GO TARGET!  Im glad to see lego punch TRU in the gut.  They should have done it sooner for scalping sets for higher prices then RRP.

some do, but on an average they are usually pretty good right? whereas toysRus is a company wide practice to raise prices on most things lego.

I was referring to online, PS now for example @ $219 (I think) for a $149 set. ToO & DS were higher recently also. Edited by dcdfan

doesnt that have something to do with price matching amazon.com?

if so, Amazon prices that they would be matching would be for 3rd party sellers not Amazon proper. Also about the "matching," they seem to always be the same dollar amounts. DS moved to several price points before landing back down to RRP. ToO & PS are always the same price. I doubt that Amazon 3rd party would coincidentally be the same price all the time.

if so, Amazon prices that they would be matching would be for 3rd party sellers not Amazon proper. Also about the "matching," they seem to always be the same dollar amounts. DS moved to several price points before landing back down to RRP. ToO & PS are always the same price. I doubt that Amazon 3rd party would coincidentally be the same price all the time.

i dont know how it works exactly, but someone once told me that target.com price matches amazon.com when stock of certain legos starts running low.  not sure how accurate that statement is or not, but it seems like it does happen from time to time.

i dont know how it works exactly, but someone once told me that target.com price matches amazon.com when stock of certain legos starts running low. not sure how accurate that statement is or not, but it seems like it does happen from time to time.

I haven't analyzed the pricing much but it does seem to happen when they're the only one selling an exclusive. Edited by dcdfan