Ship to Hotel

therisingend

For the record - this transaction is less than $100, the buyer has a score of 26 with items recently purchased.  Their eBay ID says that they are a member since earlier this year from Israel, but the hotel is in Texas.  Something just screams fishy to me but I'm not sure.  Less than $100 worth getting the signature confirm for?

Edited by therisingend

For the record - this transaction is less than $100, the buyer has a score of 26 with items recently purchased.  Their eBay ID says that they are a member since earlier this year from Israel, but the hotel is in Texas.  Something just screams fishy to me but I'm not sure.  Less than $100 worth getting the signature confirm for?

The other way around would be more problematic. I could just see someone from Israel on a (business?) trip in the states, using the opportunity to order some stuff. Also, if this is a hotel the chances are almost 0 that the buyer would be available for a signature when the package is delivered, and it would not be unlikely that he does not have a car to get to the next post office easily: it could be a lot of hassle for the buyer.

The other way around would be more problematic. I could just see someone from Israel on a (business?) trip in the states, using the opportunity to order some stuff. Also, if this is a hotel the chances are almost 0 that the buyer would be available for a signature when the package is delivered, and it would not be unlikely that he does not have a car to get to the next post office easily: it could be a lot of hassle for the buyer.

And that's what I thought too.  <$100 will not set me back in the slightest so I'm not worried about it as I have enough cash in case something goes wrong.  I just wanted to see if it was absolutely a no-go if they want it shipped to a hotel. 

We have shipped to many hotels in the past. We make sure the hotel address matches the paypal shipping address. If it does not then ask the buyer to update their paypal shipping address to the hotel address prior to shipping. We have never had any issues. No signature needed if the total purchase price < $750. Most of these have gone to international airline staff.

We have shipped to many hotels in the past. We make sure the hotel address matches the paypal shipping address. If it does not then ask the buyer to update their paypal shipping address to the hotel address prior to shipping. We have never had any issues. No signature needed if the total purchase price < $750. Most of these have gone to international airline staff.

Thanks for that ash.  Paypal and address for the order on eBay are the same.  I think I'm going to let it go and if it bites me it bites me.

If you have top rated status (discounted 20% FVF), keep in mind that you just can't cancel the transaction unless the buyer agrees to. If they do not accept the cancellation, they can leave negative feedback, you don't get your fees back and it counts against your top rated (less than 2% defections). Just make sure it's tracked and add a signature if worried.

Edited by sflv
  • Like 1