NEW FORUM MEMBER 20 POST APPROVAL SYSTEM

22 hours ago, Devo said:

Brand new to this forum....been buying legos for quite some time......the hobby that never gets old. I look forward to reading/posting with people that have the same passion.

Devon

Hello Devon. Welcome to Brickpicker.  It's a great site. Thanks to all Brickpicker fans. I got some super deals on lego. I check this site at least 3 times daily. 

• Like 1

I am an elderly female (58) and have always loved lego. I started collecting used sets back in the day when people didn't know what they had and would donate them to thrift shops or sell at garage sales. It's interesting how much the bricks have changed in color and modifications. So many accessories and minifigures!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New here also.  Not sure I will do much investing yet.  Probably just low hanging fruit quick flips that I can use to pay for my kids lego sets that he wants for birthday and christmas, LOL.   Picked up the Millennium Falcon set set 75105 for my kid today for $89.  None of the $59 sets near me within 100 miles, and this was the last set showing at any store I could find.  Then I picked up a bunch of City Sets at around 70% or so off to hopefully pay for it.  

Edited by JGWentworth
added some stuff

20 hours ago, JGWentworth said:

New here also.  Not sure I will do much investing yet.  Probably just low hanging fruit quick flips that I can use to pay for my kids lego sets that he wants for birthday and christmas, LOL.   Picked up the Millennium Falcon set set 75105 for my kid today for $89.  None of the $59 sets near me within 100 miles, and this was the last set showing at any store I could find.  Then I picked up a bunch of City Sets at around 70% or so off to hopefully pay for it.  

75105 for $89 is a great start ... stick to those kinds of discounts and you will do well.  Welcome to the site!

Thanks brick, I was also able to pick up 3 city 60147 fishing boats at $7 a piece, 2  City 60161 Jungle Exploration site for $58  each and 2  Minecraft ice Spikes at $19 each.  Having said that their is a strong possibility my kid might end up getting 1 of each LOL.  There were also a ton (probably 10 or more of each) of the Minecraft 21136 ocean monument and Star Wars Kylo Ren Shuttle at 50% off but I left them there.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, jay5 said:

Hi there, just getting back into Legos after nearly 30 years! Nostalgia and having kids both played a role. :)

welcome...nothing like sharing a hobby with your kids...when they were little nothing they were into crossed over to adult interests...for me and my boy...I can share my love of Star Wars and Legos...and at those times we're not parent and child but peers and fans...together...and that's just cool.

• Like 1

• Bold-Arrow changed the title to NEW FORUM MEMBER 20 POST APPROVAL SYSTEM