Greetings from A-Town

Hello all,

I've seen a couple of posts from people from Atlanta so I know there's some of us here!  I've been a Lego fan since I received set 6054 when I was 5 years old.  I've owned quite a bit of sets over the years.  They were mostly Forestmen, Exploriens, Ice Planet 2002 (6879 is one of my favorite small sets ever), Castle sets around that time (6081 & 6082), and random others.  Once I turned 15 I stopped caring about them, at 18 I moved out of the house, and at age 20 my parents gave (GAVE, not SOLD) away every single one of my sets and parts to one of their friend's kid without me knowing it.  It was their house though, and they had purchased those for me, but it made me sad nonetheless!

Fast forward another ten years from that black day - I have some young'ns around the house and one is starting to get to the age of Lego.  I slowly started building his collection with some Junior Lego (straight up skipped over Duplo) as he isn't even of the age to play with those but he loves to play with the minifigures and build towers out of the blocks. 

I am a collector and investor (and accountant by profession).  I've invested/collected in quite a few things including rare coins, bullion, comic books, sports memorabilia and other items.  I am going to add Lego to this list as well.  Just made my first purchase thanks to someone on this board giving me the heads up on Horizon Express 10233 in stock at Target - nabbed three of them before it went poof!  They were delivered yesterday morning and it brought back all those feelings I used to have playing Lego. 

You all have a great community here and I look forward to contributing to the betterment of it.

• Like 1

Hello all,

I've seen a couple of posts from people from Atlanta so I know there's some of us here!  I've been a Lego fan since I received set 6054 when I was 5 years old.  I've owned quite a bit of sets over the years.  They were mostly Forestmen, Exploriens, Ice Planet 2002 (6879 is one of my favorite small sets ever), Castle sets around that time (6081 & 6082), and random others.  Once I turned 15 I stopped caring about them, at 18 I moved out of the house, and at age 20 my parents gave (GAVE, not SOLD) away every single one of my sets and parts to one of their friend's kid without me knowing it.  It was their house though, and they had purchased those for me, but it made me sad nonetheless!

Fast forward another ten years from that black day - I have some young'ns around the house and one is starting to get to the age of Lego.  I slowly started building his collection with some Junior Lego (straight up skipped over Duplo) as he isn't even of the age to play with those but he loves to play with the minifigures and build towers out of the blocks. 

I am a collector and investor (and accountant by profession).  I've invested/collected in quite a few things including rare coins, bullion, comic books, sports memorabilia and other items.  I am going to add Lego to this list as well.  Just made my first purchase thanks to someone on this board giving me the heads up on Horizon Express 10233 in stock at Target - nabbed three of them before it went poof!  They were delivered yesterday morning and it brought back all those feelings I used to have playing Lego. 

You all have a great community here and I look forward to contributing to the betterment of it.

Welcome.

Hello all,

Welcome to the site.  Also in Atlanta and have pretty much done the same collections / reselling over the years as yourself minus the comics.  

Great set to start out on.  Already appreciating nicely!

Alot of people come out of their dark ages after having children. The horizon express is indeed a good buy. Since you are already familiar with investing in collectibles, I'm sure I can't give you much advice because you know better what to look for.

Welcome to the forum. We are here to help.

Edited by Neosphinx

yep Roswell area

Yeah traffic is horrible but not so bad where I'm at. I just time it when I leave to go to warehouse and back home to avoid most of it.

Awesome I'm very familiar with that area. It's great that you don't have to deal with it! I live over near Woodstock. I commute to Atlanta every day unfortunately.
  • Like 1

Alot of people come out of their dark ages after having children. The horizon express is indeed a good buy. Since you are already familiar with investing in collectibles, I'm sure I can't give you much advice because you know better what to look for.

Welcome to the board. We are here to help.

The day I stop listening to advice/different points of view is the day I become a lesser person! Thanks for the welcome.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

welcome. forest men were my fav as a kid, ice planet a close second. Have fun passing on the joy to your next generation, just don't throw away their collection.... sell it 

I'm an Atlanta native. Born and raised in Alpharetta. No beach there so now I'm in Jacksonville, FL. Entire family is still there in Alpharetta and Sandy Springs though so I visit quite often. Welcome to the site!

pretty much my area as well from Sandy Springs up to Alpharetta, where my warehouse is.  When you're in town let me know.  

Welcome - Great Community here.  I'm sure you'll fit in if you are nice  and stay out of my stores in Atlanta

yeah yeah yeah.  You keep migrating over this way LOL.  You're the Cobb county BPer.  Been doing way to much Fulton shopping of late!

• Like 2

Welcome to the site, I spent 20+ years in the Marietta/Kennesaw area before I came to the same conclusion as tmock12, only I went to South Carolina instead of Florida.

haha interestingly enough I went to Hilton Head Island, SC first before moving a little further south. great minds think alike

• Like 1

Welcome to the site, I spent 20+ years in the Marietta/Kennesaw area before I came to the same conclusion as tmock12, only I went to South Carolina instead of Florida.

haha interestingly enough I went to Hilton Head Island, SC first before moving a little further south. great minds think alike

I did it the other way around.  Lived in FL my whole life and then moved up here 3 years ago to spend some time with the parents (parents lived in cabin in Blue Ridge).  Things changed fast though.  My dad got brain cancer and had to move back to FL as the cabin in the mountains was not conducive for treatment.  My mom then got breast cancer at the same time so they wound up staying down there.  I never moved back but do miss the beaches and warmer weather. 

I did it the other way around. Lived in FL my whole life and then moved up here 3 years ago to spend some time with the parents (parents lived in cabin in Blue Ridge). Things changed fast though. My dad got brain cancer and had to move back to FL as the cabin in the mountains was not conducive for treatment. My mom then got breast cancer at the same time so they wound up staying down there. I never moved back but do miss the beaches and warmer weather.

Sorry to hear about that. Blue Ridge is such a beautiful place. Looks like we have quite a few from Georgia but we're all in different cities which is good!
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear about that. Blue Ridge is such a beautiful place. Looks like we have quite a few from Georgia but we're all in different cities which is good!

I have no idea what to even remotely say to this. Jeeze, I am so sorry. :resent:

Agreed the whole mountain area is very scenic.  Nice being so close to the city.  Get away from the big city and seems like you're in a whole different part of the country.

It was a difficult time.  At the same time my daughter was 8 and her best friend was also diagnosed with cancer and my sister was diagnosed with "pre" breast cancer so she went ahead and had the surgery then to hopefully prevent it.

My dad's was the worst as he went from hiking in the mountains at 70 with my family to being gone in a year.  My mom, sister and daughter's friend are all in remission so that was the good news side of it.

Needless to say it changes your outlook on life a lot.