Have you ever had a shop make a mistake in your favour/favor?

Guest TabbyBoy

I ordered 16 CMF's from Lego to get whatever promo was going at the time. Received a sealed box of 60 from the Czech Republic but no promo. Informed them, they sent me a promo out and told me to keep the 44 extra CMF's. God knows how that happened as 16 is the purchase limit but glad I let them know...

A few years ago, I bought two Fire Temples #2507 off of Bricklink.  Turned out to be a drop-shipper.  When I received the package from LEGO Shop at Home, I called in to report it, but the customer service said that everything looked fine on their end.  A few days later, the seller refunded the entire purchase & shipping price that I had paid.  A few months go by and one of my orders from LEGO Shop at Home gets held up because of the drop-shipping.  When I call in and explain everything, the customer service guy clears me and says that they don't need me to return the sets to them.  Besides Target's SSD mistake, that's one of the better things that's gone in my favor.  

Guest TabbyBoy

Some of you might remember this famous screw up at Lego LEGO Shop at Home

During one of there sales, I recall it being in the Spring, back when Lego actually discounted sets. Lego had the Millennium Falcon (10179) and the dropship among others for 25% off. I ordered 1-10179 and 2-10195's (dropships) to my Canadian address. Instead of giving 25% off Lego only charged 25% of the price. They realized there mistake yet honored it. This extra sale went on for hours before they realized. I received my Millennium Falcon for $150 and my dropships for $75 each! This is how I got my 10179 and it is still sealed along with one of my dropships.

Am I jealous?  Hell, yeah!  Well done!

Shame you didn't order 99 of them ;-)

The more reputable companies like LEGO, John Lewis & Amazon often give customers the benefit of the doubt when cock-ups do occur.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Chalk this up to the deal of the day.

I've had a few boxes sitting around unopened with lego in them. Got two more unexpected boxes today so opened them all to update my spreadsheet. Well low and behold I was sent a double order of a certain sought after super hero set from LEGO Shop at Home. Had placed two seperate single orders to capture the promo last week. Didn't leave warehouse or get an order update for about 5 days. Now I have 4 sets instead of two, including 4 promos. Only charged for two sets and account history showing 2 sets ordered. All addressed properly to me. Anyone ever had this happen, have any advice?

I've had a few boxes sitting around unopened with lego in them. Got two more unexpected boxes today so opened them all to update my spreadsheet. Well low and behold I was sent a double order of a certain sought after super hero set from LEGO Shop at Home. Had placed two seperate single orders to capture the promo last week. Didn't leave warehouse or get an order update for about 5 days. Now I have 4 sets instead of two, including 4 promos. Only charged for two sets and account history showing 2 sets ordered. All addressed properly to me. Anyone ever had this happen, have any advice?

My advice is to do the right thing here....send them to me.

Well, now you have to go to ethics thread and converse with yourself what would be the moral thing to do...

You know what you SHOULD do.

Just an FYI... about 50% of the time when I report errors in my favor, they have told me to not worry about it and keep it.  

It's whatever your conscience tells you. Since you asked for advice, IMO I would call, explain the situation, and say how excited you were to receive more but wanted to do the right thing.

Lego CS is awesome.

There's a chance they will say keep them, and if they DO request a return, you aren't unreasonable in asking if you may have some courtesy VIP points for the trouble in doing so. They tend to be generous in this regard.

Whatever the outcome at that point, when your head hits the pillow you get that nice feeling of knowing you did the right thing .

To each their own- just one fellow BP'ers perspective.

• Like 1

Ordered Kraang Escape from TLC to get the Shredder polybag.  I was sent the polybag and two of the birthday sets.  E-mailed them, they said that Kraang was OOS and weren't sure they were getting anymore and to call them for another set.  Called them, asking if they could send me the 12.99 TMNT motorcycle set instead.....the guy told me that wasn't enough and instead said they were going to send me the mutant lab one....plus to keep the two birthday sets.  Very nice of them.