Combining Items (grouping)

ISO8T0

I group stuff all the time.  Friends stuff, Spongebob, City Police, City Fire, City Space, City Mining, Monster Fighters, Ninjago Red, Ninjago Green, Star Wars Hoth, Clone Wars, LoTR, etc.  Do you see a THEME here?

I don't usually discount stuff.  I put each set $3 - $5 above the going prices, cut a little off for shipping, since it usually costs less as a whole.  I'll list them and let them ride until sold.  I usually never have an issue selling lots at reasonable prices.  Sometimes I'll pull a set out of a lot, if I find packaging a particular group of sets difficult.  Packaging the smaller sets together has been much more profitable for me.  Even the $10 sets (usually bought on clearance), put 3-4 together and all of a sudden you have a $60 - $80 lot on your hands.

It can be easier to ship certain sets individually.

After real nice sales of monster fighter groups, I've started grouping more by theme...I usually do discount just a bit (10-20%), but that is already off my high pricing. I price my stuff on the higher end of the going for range usually....unless I just really want to move something.

So far, I haven't had much luck selling groups (other than MF)...but I think most of my stuff hasn't been retired long enough.