Returning Minifigures...

kunfuzd

Dumb question:  Has anyone tried returning opened minifigure polybags to a store (Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us, etc...)?

The reason would be the truth:  I didn't get the minifigure I wanted.  Is there a written policy somewhere about this?   :thankyou:

Edited by kunfuzd

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to do that as the whole idea around blind packs is well, they're blind. It would be like returning an opened Trading card pack, how can they verify that they were truly the cards you got originally? Or in this case the figure. I have bought opened minifigures before because I checked that they were complete and I could make an easy profit. Would say it's a no go.

Yes. This is the way to go. If you are not comfortable smooshing in public, then practice at home and return the unopened figures you don't need.

I used to be opposed to this (haven't done it myself) but I figured essentially there isn't too much difference from smooshing in store.  Plus lego raised the prices on them so they deserve it :aggressive: