Fair and Unbiased Opinions on Brickpicker WANTED! (actually badly needed)

bnb123

Haha, this made me chuckle. Whenever I see your name, I expect to see some crazy pickle avatar. You have to find one :)

BOOM!! Just for you!

Pickleboy...I like that name. The one thing that is unfortunate about running a site is that you have to try and keep serious names to be treated seriously. When I was gaming, I used to be Private Putzzz, The Party Pooper, xBIGx Weiner/Johnson/Mama...those kind of cool names. "Ed Mack" is rather dull.

While I am also a believer of LEGO investing, there are some points raised by my wife and can be valid for us to think about: 1. Time: While LEGO investing can do well, how much money we really make from LEGO? How much money can we earn if we spend those time on something else instead. I am sure some of us have other skills of making money. Simply working at Walmart will let you earn, say $10 dollars a hour. 2. Other investment: We can't not put $10000 dollars to invest LEGO and just hope to earn money, it takes time to look for deals, sets and also take time to list your set and ship. If you invest $10000 dollars on Utility stock, you can just simply keep the stock and collect $40 dollars a month with little efforts / space required. (Well, I am investing in both stock and LEGO, no reason not to diversify) 3. Fee, and other cost: This is from my own experience. When I sell a $150 set on ebay which I buy for $100, often it cost me $12 to ship, $21 ebay fee and $3 paypal fee, so I end up only earn $64 instead of $100. I think most of us love LEGO ourselves, so it is fun and addictive to look at the deals and to collect some cool sets. But if it is purely for making money, this is definitely not a easy way. Think about your time, efforts and space!

While I am also a believer of LEGO investing, there are some points raised by my wife and can be valid for us to think about:

1. Time: While LEGO investing can do well, how much money we really make from LEGO? How much money can we earn if we spend those time on something else instead. I am sure some of us have other skills of making money. Simply working at Walmart will let you earn, say $10 dollars a hour.

2. Other investment: We can't not put $10000 dollars to invest LEGO and just hope to earn money, it takes time to look for deals, sets and also take time to list your set and ship. If you invest $10000 dollars on Utility stock, you can just simply keep the stock and collect $40 dollars a month with little efforts / space required. (Well, I am investing in both stock and LEGO, no reason not to diversify)

3. Fee, and other cost: This is from my own experience. When I sell a $150 set on ebay which I buy for $100, often it cost me $12 to ship, $21 ebay fee and $3 paypal fee, so I end up only earn $64 instead of $100.

I think most of us love LEGO ourselves, so it is fun and addictive to look at the deals and to collect some cool sets. But if it is purely for making money, this is definitely not a easy way. Think about your time, efforts and space!

As I often write on these forums, LEGO investing is a grind. It takes effort, research, space, money and some luck. If it was easy, everyone would do it. But people do make money doing it and some people make quite a bit of money off of it. But to do that, you have to invest big money to get big dollar returns. Investing in LEGO bricks is like every other investment, risky. But at least it's fun and interesting.