Anyone build a minifig display?

stackables

I just picked up my Ikea Frame and was planning on building the shelves for my figs out of wood.  However, I just saw this video:

The builder doesn't give instruction on how the shelves are built or how many pieces he used but I was planning on attempting this.  Anyone got a guess on how many and what pieces are used?  Or a guess on how the shelves were built? Looks like he  uses 2x6 plates, 1x6 plates, 2x2 plates, 1x2 plates and 1x2 clear bricks.

I think this display would give me more flexibility than the wooden shelves.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I just picked up my Ikea Frame and was planning on building the shelves for my figs out of wood.  However, I just saw this video:

>

The builder doesn't give instruction on how the shelves are built or how many pieces he used but I was planning on attempting this.  Anyone got a guess on how many and what pieces are used?  Or a guess on how the shelves were built? Looks like he  uses 2x6 plates, 1x6 plates, 2x2 plates, 1x2 plates and 1x2 clear bricks.

I think this display would give me more flexibility than the wooden shelves.

I am starting one myself I found these on sale at michaels for $30 they are lighted and a little deeper than many I found also the front opens, I made a small one as a test run and used a 2x4 ripped down to make the shelves and braces for them. I painted it all black and hot glued them in place added bricks across for the figures. my small one is here https://www.dropbox.com/sc/pbcagjauhmweweu/AACvx2pCbczAljrCwKwFW3dDa I got the idea from this page I came acrosshttp://www.nubcakes.blogspot.com/2011/10/lego-minifigure-display-cases.html

.fr1882.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to emulate the video in my original post.  I think I counted 60 pegs across. Anyone want to verify that?  I ordered what I thought would be the correct amount of pieces and it turns out to get close to the frame, I needed 61 pegs.  Now this throws off where I place the middle column in each row.  It makes it not exactly in the middle.  The structure is not as stable as I would like too.  Anyone use the same frame to build a display? If so, did you need 61 pegs across?