TRU.CA Monster Fighters 40% Off - Last Call!

Veegs

Not sure if this will work. But play value toys in Ottawa have monster fighters too at normal prices eg VC is $129 and not $149 like at toys rus. If you get lucky and can find a VC at toysrus and try and price match it to play value and then get the 40% off the price matched price you could get an even better deal. I have not tried this myself but i am sure if you find the right cashier you could make it work.

Some TRU stores mark up more than others, it depends on the area.  They're currently bringing their prices closer to MSRP so they can compete with other retailers.

Had to mention- I stopped at a couple of Toys R Us Express stores on vacation this year;  had never been to one before.  It was great fun walking thru and laughing at their prices- they had Arctic Batman and Power Armor Lex both priced at $36.99.

I was just at Dufferin Mall and other than 1 Vampyre castle they only have $40 and under sets. I left them alone, too distracted by the 3 feet tall Stormtrooper and Darth Vader action figures (are they dolls when they're that big?) that were on 30% off. ;)

With that said, I did grab the last crazy scientist in nice condition. I really like the looks of this set, and the light brick is a bonus.

I managed to get 3 VCs. Ghost trains I saw last week were gone. I left one VC on the shelf as two little kids had been pleading with their mom when I got there for it. Once she saw me take three of the four, she scooped it up. Now Billie gets a VC for Christmas!

Store was busy...even the under $40 sets were getting pretty picked over by 11 a.m. Most that were left were pretty dinged up, and I doubt much will make it to the Moonlight Madness sale tonight. Kids were swarming the MF display. I was actually glad, because if they like the under $40 sets, it might push them to ask for one of the bigger sets that I conveniently have for sale.

I strolled into one TRU location tonight but only a couple crazy scientist sets, and maybe 4 werewolf sets plus numerous mummy sets were left. I strolled the rest of the LEGO section to look at the Technic. Not 5 minutes later some guy as clearing out the MF selection of what was left and frantically checking his phone for something. I watched him for a minute while his woman kept asking "Should I get a cart? Should I get a cart?? I'll go get a cart!". He wouldn't answer.

I snickered to myself and walked out of the store. I guess the MF line is at its end for me though I'll hold out hope that I'll run into more VC or Ghost Trains out in the wild.

• Like 1

Since i am in the US, I decided to do multiple buy orders on the scientist set on TRU.ca. comes to about $45usd after taxes. Standard protocol with TRU, load them up and give yourself 40 days to unload prior to xmas. No takers results in a refund. No harm no foul. My secretary in Vancouver will help me deal with flipping them in the local market.

I strolled into one TRU location tonight but only a couple crazy scientist sets, and maybe 4 werewolf sets plus numerous mummy sets were left. I strolled the rest of the LEGO section to look at the Technic. Not 5 minutes later some guy as clearing out the MF selection of what was left and frantically checking his phone for something. I watched him for a minute while his woman kept asking "Should I get a cart? Should I get a cart?? I'll go get a cart!". He wouldn't answer.

I snickered to myself and walked out of the store. I guess the MF line is at its end for me though I'll hold out hope that I'll run into more VC or Ghost Trains out in the wild.

You'd have to flip a whole heck of a lot of mummies to make a serious total profit. I left all the small things for the kids.

Since i am in the US, I decided to do multiple buy orders on the scientist set on TRU.ca. comes to about $45usd after taxes. Standard protocol with TRU, load them up and give yourself 40 days to unload prior to xmas. No takers results in a refund. No harm no foul. My secretary in Vancouver will help me deal with flipping them in the local market.

I guess December is a slow month... She probably has time to set up a booth in the TRU parking lot to unload these. Not sure it's worth it after paying her salary and gas.

• Like 1