Ebay tricks: polybags

justapilgrim

If you missed it in another thread, here is my war story knowledge I learned flipping polybags (the other seller is the master and I'm the padawan, but I am learning)

If you are selling multiples of the same item (RR poly) you can do the following:

Set your preferences so that you can quantity remain at zero (with selling set price using good till cancelled option). You can then sell at a lower than you want price 2 or 3 sales, this will get you on the radar and get people following your auction. You then can raise your price to where you want it to be and it will still show that you have sold 2 or 3 (but doesn't show lower price). You are now down showing "last one" because you only listed a handful. People use their panic and buy your last one at that price. Once it sells, just revise auction to quantity of 1 and you are once gain selling your "last one"

This only works on good till cancelled auctions and only if you change your setting to allow it

Hope that helps someone here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 7

If you missed it in another thread, here is my war story knowledge I learned flipping polybags (the other seller is the master and I'm the padawan, but I am learning)

If you are selling multiples of the same item (RR poly) you can do the following:

Set your preferences so that you can quantity remain at zero (with selling set price using good till cancelled option). You can then sell at a lower than you want price 2 or 3 sales, this will get you on the radar and get people following your auction. You then can raise your price to where you want it to be and it will still show that you have sold 2 or 3 (but doesn't show lower price). You are now down showing "last one" because you only listed a handful. People use their panic and buy your last one at that price. Once it sells, just revise auction to quantity of 1 and you are once gain selling your "last one"

This only works on good till cancelled auctions and only if you change your setting to allow it

Hope that helps someone here

You sir are "most likely to succeed" give yourself a gold star and have the rest of the day off. All businesses use tricks to get us to part with our cash. They know most people are intrinsically impulsive and are always looking to make a fast one. Soon one day in the future you will come to realise that knowledge is power and that knowledge is worth so much in the right hands. It is nice of you to share your knowledge because this is what this forum is about. That and the spread of disinformation or trolling for the want of a more popular euphemism. You will have enlightened and made a lot of people happy sitting on hundreds of Chima Polybags. Happy days as the Fonz says

Edited by Alfiepops

What is unethical? Ebay made these available, and this is what your competition is doing

That is what is so good about your post. Even in the face of competition you still choose to share your knowledge. Very few would give that freely. I for one would never have gleened that knowledge on my own. But then again I don't own more than four of anything.

I know people that probably have never flipped polys may find it difficult after they sell their first handful. I have learned a lot from this site, I am/was getting absolutely destroyed by another seller and their magical "last one" for sale

If it's unethical, you might as well say buy it now is unethical if you prefer auctions. It's just an option that ebay has made available. And there are others like myself that didn't understand this

Set your preferences so that you can quantity remain at zero (with selling set price using good till cancelled option). You can then sell at a lower than you want price 2 or 3 sales, this will get you on the radar and get people following your auction.

Does that mean you have to buy 2 or 3 by yourself first?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Brickpicker mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can you share with others...

Okay, found it.

Account Settings > Site Preferences

It's in the first section of Site Preferences.  You have to check box it.  Keep in mind that every time your 30 days is up, it will automatically renew, even if your stock is zero.  (Which means you'll get charged fees as well).