Get thee to Target Canada - 50% off a few sets

jeff_14

Was back at a Target today after reading about the discount coupon on here and picked up another couple of the Groot and Rocket Raccoon sets. With the 20% off plus another $10 each (thanks to the $20 off a $100 purchase coupon), that brings my price point to $35 with tax, and they're going for almost double that according to this site. I have not seen this set in any TRU I've been to in the past month and I have been contributing to their extinction at every Target I visit. This is like Wolverine's Chopper all over again.

Edited by jeff_14

It's curious other Target stores wouldn't offer the same sales...

I passed by a third Target in the Montreal area (Angrignon). It had all the same sets discounted at 50%, although someone had already grabbed everything except some 75013 and 60049.

Ha, so they do replenish the shelf.

Last Friday it was in Angrignon Target store that I heard an old lady asked for a rain check for the 50% off 60049. If there were any I would be very happy to grab some.

And there is only 1 75013 there, with a dent on its box and I toke it.

Ha, so they do replenish the shelf.

Last Friday it was in Angrignon Target store that I heard an old lady asked for a rain check for the 50% off 60049. If there were any I would be very happy to grab some.

And there is only 1 75013 there, with a dent on its box and I toke it.

It's good to know that they restock the shelves! I grabbed 7 75013 from Angrignon, I hadn't touched that set at the other two Targets (around 10 of them).

There were plenty of 60049 left at Angrignon but *not* in front of the discount sticker. Look for another (unmarked) stack in the top-left corner.

I could have grabbed these for you if I had known you wanted them. I mostly get sets with interesting part-out potential for BrickOwl/BrickLink.

It's good to know that they restock the shelves! I grabbed 7 75013 from Angrignon, I hadn't touched that set at the other two Targets (around 10 of them).

There were plenty of 60049 left at Angrignon but *not* in front of the discount sticker. Look for another (unmarked) stack in the top-left corner.

I could have grabbed these for you if I had known you wanted them. I mostly get sets with interesting part-out potential for BrickOwl/BrickLink.

Glad to know you got enough clearance sets Stragus.

Don't regret for me, because everyone has his own luck :cheese:

Glad to know you got enough clearance sets Stragus.

Don't regret for me, because everyone has his own luck :cheese:

It wasn't regret, more like an offer of cooperation. :)

If there are sets you want and that I find, I wouldn't mind grabbing them for you. There would be no cost for the service, although you would have to come pick them up. (in Montreal, around Pie-IX subway station)

Edited by Stragus

I just came back for my local target and they had 2 42023 sets. They were $45 they also have a $5 off coupon off any toy purchase of $25 or more.so got each set for $40. The coupon is in the toy magazine in store good from.Nov 21-27. They also had The Umbaran Cannon 50% off.

Edited by anolian

I'm sorry but the Target stores around me suck. They're always nearly empty of people and their stock is unpredictable.

Granted it's a small one, in a crappy mall, but I don't see them making it if their plan was to match prices with Safeway and TRU rather than Walmart and Superstore.

Yes the sale seems location specific. This passing Monday (11-17) someone in Toronto reported Target put 60022 on 50% off but never seen this in Montreal, Quebec.

Just get back from Target at Angrignon mall around 2:00 pm, which is almost crowed by parents shopping for gift for XMas. To my astonish I can still find 3 42023, 2 75013, 1 70812 and 2 60049 there! When I left there are still around 5~6 of 70812 -- without liquidation tag.

Just get back from Target at Angrignon mall around 2:00 pm, which is almost crowed by parents shopping for gift for XMas. To my astonish I can still find 3 42023, 2 75013, 1 70812 and 2 60049 there! When I left there are still around 5~6 of 70812 -- without liquidation tag.

Darn, there wasn't much when I went there (a few 75013).

And it's a crime to leave that on the shelves! :) If you wanted to hold some sets next time (especially 42023 and 70812), I would gladly pay you back to pick them up. I assume you are also from the Montreal area?