ToysRUs.ca 15% Nov 9 only - includes exclusives

bricketycricket

Prices are still poor compared to us prices, if you have access. Best options look like Simpsons house and Horizon Express - it's nice that Canada gets a deal though.

Also note no T1 or DS on the website now.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

No ewok either.

I would not say the prices are poor compared to US anymore, unless you have US$ currency and don't need declare taxes.

Sigh, looks like the promo has expired for the west coast :(

Edit: probably needed to be ordered before 9pm PST.

Did you manage to get anything? I purchased as soon as I found out about the promo for fear of this and also because I thought some sets might go OOS because of this.

Edited by bricketycricket

Did you manage to get anything? I purchased as soon as I found out about the promo for fear of this and also because I thought some sets might go OOS because of this.

Unfortunately not. I was out for a family birthday, then it was bedtime routine with the little guy. Didn't have a chance until it was already too late. It's really too bad, we never see sales on these sets, especially up here.

Thanks for this heads up. I picked over everybody's leftovers to buy a couple of Pet Shops and some Octonauts and Disney Planes Christmas stuff for my kids. Everyone seemed to be taking a shot at the 15% off though. I had 10 things in my cart and only ended up being able to buy 6 of them by the time the checkout process was ending. Stuff was apparently racing out of stock.

Thanks for this heads up. I picked over everybody's leftovers to buy a couple of Pet Shops and some Octonauts and Disney Planes Christmas stuff for my kids. Everyone seemed to be taking a shot at the 15% off though. I had 10 things in my cart and only ended up being able to buy 6 of them by the time the checkout process was ending. Stuff was apparently racing out of stock.

How long ago did you place your order?

To me, it seems that 10% off as VIP points plus a bonus set (worth $15-$20) beats this 15% off. It's a good option to safely avoid the hammer ban though.

have you ran the math???

This deal is better than triple VIP.  For instance, I bought a bunch of tower bridges.

DBL VIP

$300 + tax = $339 and you get $30 in VIP + bonus worth maybe $15 = $294.  I haven't sold even one xmas set priced at $20

TRP VIP

$300 + tax = 339 and you get  $45 in VIP = $294 maybe minus a set?

15% off direct.

$300 - $45 = $255 + tax = $288

This was a rare event and doubtful will happen again soon.  Too bad they removed a bunch of other sets, I would have loaded up even more.

DBL VIP

$300 + tax = $339 and you get $30 in VIP + bonus worth maybe $15 = $294.  I haven't sold even one xmas set priced at $20

15% off direct.

$300 - $45 = $255 + tax = $288

This was a rare event and doubtful will happen again soon.  Too bad they removed a bunch of other sets, I would have loaded up even more.

Ah yes, that can work out for $300 sets. I hadn't considered the Tower Bridge, cool then.