Brick Loot

mushedroom

hey all...

so i was doing research about the various monthly toy box services and i found this company...

BRICK LOOT.

they just started and i was intrigued by what they had to offer.

i've seen the only other lego related box and that's "brick builders club" which left me a little unimpressed.

this company though seems to have a lot of potential!

check out my unboxing video and let me know what you guys think.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

i'm a builder first and investor far second. I love the idea of this but very disappointed by the contents. to much "compatible" components, the mini build is the only lego part. pass

What he said. Open the box in the first 30 seconds. If you feel the need to explain what a subscription service is, do it while you're opening or after you're done. Also I think you said "really cool" about 700,000 times. Change up your vocabulary a bit. I would also edit out the part where you nearly knock the box off the table. I know this sounds a little harsh, but, you still did a better job than 99% of the similar videos out there and you did waaayyyy better than I could have done.

Edited by Migration
  • Like 1

Nice video though I agree with the before mentioned issues.

Also it would have been nice to actually see all of the items unbaged. The equipment bag could have been promoted so much better that way.

At the end of the video you say: "see if you like the idea of getting a surprise box of LEGO..."

LEGO is a brand and though there might be some original LEGO pieces included in the box most are not (as far as I could see).

So it would be more accurate to say "surprise box of bricks/brickbuilding toys/LEGO like toys... also including original LEGO bricks" or something like that.

(Yeah it doesn't sound as smooth and cool but that's what it is).

Anyhow, thanks for posting, didn't know that this stuff even exists ;-)

• Like 1

ok thank you everyone for the video critique. 

on the note of the box not containing lego, i think that is due in part by Lego not allowing their brand to be associated with non-Lego products.  so i believe there are no actual "lego" branded pieces because they would get sued by Lego.

i agree with a lot of what all of you are saying, this is a bit sparse for the money paid and being at the mercy of having someone pick stuff for you is a bit daunting to say the least.

i will say that in comparison with the other brick sub service, this is hands down a better collection of lego-related odds and ends.

i don't know about you but i was genuinely pretty thrilled about getting a "brick popper" 

hadn't known they even existed and my fingers hated me for abusing them so much when trying to pry open erroneously placed bricks lol

as for the collector/business level

GUYS I posted this in the odds & ends section just to show you a trend that's going on now (subscription services).

not claiming this is a good investment whatsoever....

but saying that, i did find that the nanoblock set is going for anywhere from 22-mid 30's and the brick popper was selling for 7-11.

no resale value could be assessed for the jk brickworks or brick forge via ebay sales 

but i did find that the brick forge accessory set sells for 6.00 +3.65 sh...

i couldn't find any info on the lite up brick...

all in all if i was an avid "brick" building person without sole loyalties to lego brand only and i had extra money to burn...

this could be a worthwhile value... 

and again

not. lol

thanks again peeps for watching....

Hold on a minute. I heard it in the video but thought maybe you were just hamming it up for the review. You don't know that brick separators exist?!

Yes it's true. I used to build a lot as a child and only recently got back into Legos but for an investment... Occasionally I like to build a set.

Haven't been in touch with the Lego world as avidly as many on here so yes had no clue