Finally out of my lurk......

Hi guys,

I have been surfing this forum for some time now. Its been very informative as I a pretty new to Lego. Currently I have all the modulars except the first 3. Still kicking myself for not buying the green grocer brand new in box for 500 euros 3 months ago! Other than that I have the odd star wars, city and some friends themes. my 2 older girls play with everything at home. So pieces get misplaced all the time. But what's the point in keeping them and not playing right? Surely I can't be Lord Business after letting them watch the movie!

Great forum, really enjoying it. Thank you all again

Ryan

• Like 1

^^Inspiring post!  I also came across this forum in the last few months and have been surfing/lurking regularly.  Happy Halloween to everyone!  My family is proudly displaying the Haunted House and Zombies set this year!

I am an active member on another AFOL forum and am participating in a year long Charity Reseller Challenge to benefit Fairy Bricks ending in December.  This charity is UK based but puts new lego sets in the hands of children at Children's Hospitals worldwide.  The participants all started with $160 with the goal of turning that into something(or nothing) 12 months later. 

A big thanks for an active, informative and entertaining forum!!!

Garth

Welcome to the forum. Happy to see yet another AFOL amongst our midsts.

Must be fun to vacuum at your place with your daughters messing up your modulars :)

Haha its not my girls which I am worried about. Its my 2 year old boy. He loves to open the doors of all the houses and move things around. He even stuffed a hot wheels car into the Palace Cinema. I am not sure what's up with him but he loves to open the mailboxes and take out the mail from the Pet Shop and pull out the ice cream cart from GE. The girl have some of their friends collection on a 32x32 plate. When he gets his hands on that you won't recognized what set was originally placed on it. Its like a hurricane went through it. Duplo somehow doesn't interest him. Even train sets. He is tuning 2 in 2 weeks time. Think I will open up the cargo train and let him have a go at the remote control train.

Haha its not my girls which I am worried about. Its my 2 year old boy. He loves to open the doors of all the houses and move things around. He even stuffed a hot wheels car into the Palace Cinema. I am not sure what's up with him but he loves to open the mailboxes and take out the mail from the Pet Shop and pull out the ice cream cart from GE. The girl have some of their friends collection on a 32x32 plate. When he gets his hands on that you won't recognized what set was originally placed on it. Its like a hurricane went through it. Duplo somehow doesn't interest him. Even train sets. He is tuning 2 in 2 weeks time. Think I will open up the cargo train and let him have a go at the remote control train.

What an insight does your boy have! He made Palace Cinema a drive-in! Why hadn't I thought of that!! Take a picture of what he does to the train. I might want to steal the idea.