Help finding the right set for girls

Dream

I'm looking to buy a Lego set for girls that are 6-8 years old. One of them has a lot of Friends and some Disney princess sets, as well as tubs with her dad's old Lego to play with. The other has only Friends sets but would like different themed sets. What set do you think would be fun for a girl at that age that isn't Friends or Disney?

I'm looking for something that might have a female minifigure in the set, maybe treasure, a castle, cool building or something. All the Castle sets have exclusively male minifigures, which is disappointing to me because I love Castle sets and I think they would too. Cloud Cuckoo Palace is the best I've thought of, but one of the girls already has it and the other might like it but she would probably prefer something less haphazard.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Thanks for the idea, they are cute and cool, but not really what I'm looking for. They don't really match their current sets in scale, it would be like a giant monkey monster invading their fancy tower castle lands. Actually maybe that would be cool! Still, any more ideas?

the dragon mountain castle set has a princess (though unfortunately cast as the one needing rescuing)

http://www.amazon.com/Lego-Castle-Dragon-Mountain-70403/dp/B00CMHWSMW/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1413737203&sr=1-1&keywords=lego+dragon

some city sets do have female minifigs

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Great-Vehicles-60057-Camper/dp/B00GSPFB0A/ref=pd_bxgy_t_img_y

My daughter is 7 and is pining after the arctic exploration series, some of them have female figures (though the ratio of male to female figures is poor)

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Arctic-Helicrane-60034-Building/dp/B00IGNXHOY/ref=pd_bxgy_t_text_z

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-City-Arctic-60036-Building/dp/B00IGO1Y0C/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1413737364&sr=1-1&keywords=lego+arctic

all of the creator buildings are excellent and my daughter loves them.

the new Lego Hobbit Witch-king battle set includes Lady Elf Galadriel, which is an awesome fig, and could fit into any sort of fantasy/castle play.

Thank you justafrog and clxmouth for your replies, much appreciated. I guess I shouldn't have said exclusively male for the Castle sets, but as clxmouth said, the only girl is a princess that needs rescuing. Great idea though, but I'd rather get the Gatehouse Raid and buy female minifigures that match separately to go with the set. Even if that means I have to get a set of Castle soldiers and some extra female heads to give them a sex change.

I hadn't thought of the arctic exploration series, very interesting. And I do love the Witch-king battle set, and since it is lower priced, I might be able to get that set along with a Castle or City set. Great ideas!

Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown from the Ultra Agents line has one real kickass lady in the set and she doesn't have to be the villian. She's totally perfect surrounded in a Cyberpunk setting. :wub: Well you suggested a differently themed set, something neither of your girls would already have, and I would assume currently available otherwise you could try waiting for next year's Elves theme I guess.

70163_alt4.png

Thank you justafrog and clxmouth for your replies, much appreciated. I guess I shouldn't have said exclusively male for the Castle sets, but as clxmouth said, the only girl is a princess that needs rescuing. Great idea though, but I'd rather get the Gatehouse Raid and buy female minifigures that match separately to go with the set. Even if that means I have to get a set of Castle soldiers and some extra female heads to give them a sex change.

I hadn't thought of the arctic exploration series, very interesting. And I do love the Witch-king battle set, and since it is lower priced, I might be able to get that set along with a Castle or City set. Great ideas!

A castle themed set with an excellent choice of females

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=10193-1

Also your plan of buying female heads is a good one and BL is the place to go. 

Now research institute would be the perfect solution if only it was available at a decent price.  Blame us dirty resellers... By the way how does that acronym go DR...S ?

• 2 months later...

Thanks again for the ideas everyone. Just an update, they were already getting ice cream truck and a house set from parents and family. So we decided to get them the juniors princess castle 10668. It was a good price, castle themed, had a girl, and we could get them another small gift to go with it too.

Our girls like the superhero stuff, decent amount of sets have girls (Wonder Woman, storm, etc)

They do like superhero stuff like ninja turtles, but already have some of the more inexpensive sets. They don't have storm or wonder woman yet, though, so maybe next year.

Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown from the Ultra Agents line has one real kickass lady in the set and she doesn't have to be the villian. She's totally perfect surrounded in a Cyberpunk setting. :wub: Well you suggested a differently themed set, something neither of your girls would already have, and I would assume currently available otherwise you could try waiting for next year's Elves theme I guess.

Toxikita is way cool, could have been an exciting choice but we went with the less exciting but more castley choice. Yeah, it was for 2014 Christmas presents but they are extremely excited about Elves already.

A castle themed set with an excellent choice of females

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=10193-1

Also your plan of buying female heads is a good one and BL is the place to go. 

Now research institute would be the perfect solution if only it was available at a decent price.  Blame us dirty resellers... By the way how does that acronym go DR...S ?

Medieval Market Village, I wish! Too expensive but yes that would be awesome.

I buy female heads for myself from BL, so I'll probably end up doing that for them as well eventually. Haha DRS... Yeah research institute wasn't available for a good price at the time we bought their gifts, so it wasn't an option.