2014 Black Friday & Cyber Monday : Poll, questions, comments, etc...

justapilgrim

Are you taking off work this Cyber Monday (Dec 1) ?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are you taking off work this Cyber Monday (Dec 1) ?

• NO, I'll be working.
    • NO, I'll be working but using work resources to shop.
    • YES, I'll be taking off work to concentrate on sales.

This is pretty cool most exciting thing today.

We should maybe ask for a Cyber Monday off work badge for those who will be off work to focus on buying deals on that Monday!

Or maybe we don't want that as a badge of honor. :)

We may have to get a thread in any event this is the most talked about subject on BP today I think.

I think we have DNIM, BA, Alpinemaps, sroster and trekgate in so far.

• Like 1

I will not officially be taking the day off but I work from home so 99.9% of my focus will be on BPer deals and when I have a down 3 seconds check my emails and pretend I am around for work.  So only a half-badge for me.

Did anyone else notice the new TRU $5 off $25 purchase excludes lego?  Liked to use that one to get a free mixel basically, looks like that party is over.

Im taking Cyber Monday off work BTW.

Ever since I joined brickpicker I've been slacking off at work. I only give 20% of my time at work while the other 80% I'm occupied with LEGOs. 

A little more time off wouldn't hurt, I'm staying home on cyber Monday too.

It'll be funny if all of us waited at home in front of the computer ready to hit the buy button and no deals show up. :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 1

Ever since I joined brickpicker I've been slacking off at work. I only give 20% of my time at work while the other 80% I'm occupied with LEGOs.

A little more time off wouldn't hurt, I'm staying home on cyber Monday too.

It'll be funny if all of us waited at home in front of the computer ready to hit the buy button and no deals show up. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The most likely occurrence is that we will all sit there and when the deals hit they will OOS way fast. Then those who worked will be a couple minutes late and miss it.

I'm off Mondays anyway.  My only responsibility on Monday is to get the kids to and from school.  That's a long time to be away from the computer though.  If I keep the kids home CM can we all get badges? 

I spoke to Roger Waters and he said it was ok...

All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

Edited by varmintt

This is pretty cool most exciting thing today.

We should maybe ask for a Cyber Monday off work badge for those who will be off work to focus on buying deals on that Monday!

Or maybe we don't want that as a badge of honor. :)

We may have to get a thread in any event this is the most talked about subject on BP today I think.

I think we have DNIM, BA, Alpinemaps, sroster and trekgate in so far.

Lol we started a trend. The retailers have noticed the BrickPicker effect - how long until the employers notice?

Count me in.......last year I was on vacation over the Black Friday weekend and it killed me. I was able to pull down a few deals on the mobile sites, but I am looking forward to parking my fat, happy ass in front of the screen all day and see what kind of bills I can rack up!!

Please post all comments here about these two popular shopping days of each year (at least in the U.S.).

I also added a poll for Cyber Monday

This thread is designed to post any special deals taking place on December 1st, 2014 aka Cyber Monday and Thursday Nov. 28th aka Black Friday.

Any leaks, rumors, and hearsay is welcome up till the day of, that is when we keep it real . OP will be updated with confirmed sales/deals/promos...

Oh and let us know if you place to "work" from work or are you staying home

• 4 weeks later...

Meijer Black Friday "deals" - don't worry, these are posted on the Meijer website

http://meijer.shoplocal.com/Meijer/Entry/LandingContent

Thanksgiving Day -

Chima Fangar Saber Tooth - $35

Arctic Helicrane - $35

Black Friday -

Heartlake High - $45

Heartlake Shopping Mall - $99

20% off Star Wars sets

Super Saturday -

Santa Bucks - up to $20 off $100

Pretty poor start if you ask me