2014 Black Friday & Cyber Monday : Poll, questions, comments, etc...

justapilgrim

Are you taking off work this Cyber Monday (Dec 1) ?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are you taking off work this Cyber Monday (Dec 1) ?

• NO, I'll be working.
    • NO, I'll be working but using work resources to shop.
    • YES, I'll be taking off work to concentrate on sales.

==================
update to original post by jaisonline.

Please post all comments here about these two popular shopping days of each year (at least in the U.S.).

I also added a poll for Cyber Monday

This thread is designed to post any special deals taking place on December 1st, 2014 aka Cyber Monday and Thursday Nov. 28th aka Black Friday.

Any leaks, rumors, and hearsay is welcome up till the day of, that is when we keep it real . OP will be updated with confirmed sales/deals/promos...

Oh and let us know if you place to "work" from work or are you staying home

==================

I am a newer member to the forums and collecting and I wasn't here last year for Black Friday

Question is: what kind of deals can I expect? I was planning on making a few larger purchases from the lego store for the extra holiday set and extra VIP points but have no other plans

Online the way to go? There anything out there more than 50%?

Thanks just trying to plan out the finances for holiday season

Edited by jaisonline
update

when you say "big" purchases on LEGO Shop at Home be very careful because it may be your first and last purchase ... exclusives that are bought in bulk will get flagged and you booted!

black friday was alright but its the days before and after black friday is where you watch out for deals ... but im not saying that this year will be as good as last year because it seems that last year was the last year we all saw good deals in abudance on Lego!!!

Just take a look at the deal threads around Black Friday of last year. That should give you an idea.

I thought that Walmart was running "manager special" 50% off on all lego in _store_ for a few hours. 

There was no 50% off on black friday last year or any year that I can remember. Walmart was 30% off from 8am-2pm, but it went live the night before. That was a BF sale that I hadn't seen before and was effectively a pre-xmas clearance sale.

It is funny to hear people talk about last year so fondly. I recall many people bitching about how lame the deals were. IMHO the better sales were before BF or maybe right after. TRU and Target had some sales on discounted sets that added up to 50% or more. Who knows what this year will bring.

• Like 1

Cyber Monday was the bomb on Amazon last year with the lightning deals....fun stuff.

Agreed on BF, nothing too special. The TRU deal on town square plus 10$ GC was not bad, but not jaw dropping

Amazon CM thread in case anyone is interested in reading it :

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/6958-amazon-lego-lightning-deals-112913/?hl=lightni

The best deals last year seemed to be at TRU during the holiday shopping season, which was a shocker to most. Every week they seemed to have a few sets at 50% off TRU prices, (40% off or so), and usually applicable to some other sort of promo or the Thur 10% off thing. I was pretty underwhelmed with most of the other retailers specials and deals.

The one Shop at Home Holiday Set (#1?) was only available for like 3 days, and that was pretty hot. But I don't think they are doing that again this year.

I think that Toys R Us had some of the best sales in October and early November last year.  I remember getting some great Technic sets (Tractor and Pickup Tow Truck) for 30-40% off and stacking them with the Wendy's coupons.  The Battle of Hoth was like 40% off also.

The best deals last year seemed to be at TRU during the holiday shopping season, which was a shocker to most. Every week they seemed to have a few sets at 50% off TRU prices, (40% off or so), and usually applicable to some other sort of promo or the Thur 10% off thing. I was pretty underwhelmed with most of the other retailers specials and deals.

The one Shop at Home Holiday Set (#1?) was only available for like 3 days, and that was pretty hot. But I don't think they are doing that again this year.

Yes, the Technic blowout at TRU was nuts last year and you could stack the 10% Saturdays, $10 gift card for $50 purchase coupons, & Creator Christmas Tree polybags.  Cyber Monday was also insane!

2013 Holiday Sales - Some not all

LEGO Store and S@H -

November 23rd only for VIP Members - Pre-Black Friday Sale:

3x VIP points with each purchase
    2nd Winter Village Truck Promo
    Star Wars Clone Lieutenant w/ $50 Star Wars purchase

Black Friday - The deals are valid from November 29th to December 2nd, 2013 or while supplies last.

FREE Limited Edition Holiday Set with purchase of $99 or more
    FREE $10 Gift Card with purchase of $149 or more (online only)
    FREE Shipping on all orders (no minimum)
    Receive a Free THE LEGO

• Like 3

I think that Toys R Us had some of the best sales in October and early November last year. I remember getting some great Technic sets (Tractor and Pickup Tow Truck) for 30-40% off and stacking them with the Wendy's coupons. The Battle of Hoth was like 40% off also.

I remember people boasting about eating at Wendy's days and nights to get those coupons. :D

Edited by Darth_Raichu
  • Like 1