Walmart CANADA LEGO EXCLUSIVE MANIA!!

Hansolo55

Walmart clearance pricing Chima at $0.89 off is much bigger news than this (jk). 

Glad to see another online retail offering larger/exclusive sets...another source for last minute buying when LEGO Shop at Home or retail store is sold out.  We need Target.ca to get their online inventory up and Lego selection increased to be remotely near what our US friends have available. 

Maybe just my bias, but I would check Walmart Lego sets more closely for tampering considering there seems to be so many folks returning stuff...compared to Chapters/Indigo online I have more confidence.  Just my 2 cents.      

I wonder how long the GE lasted for. I looked on the site right after i saw the original post here and they were all sold out.

Well I bought 5 GE's right before I posted this thread, and it wasn't marked as sold out after my order was placed.. But I guess they didn't have many in stock if it sold out that quickly.

So I now have someone in Canada that I can use for shipping, but prices seem to be 25% higher than the US. Do Canadians make 25% more than we do in the US?

Nope... We've just been paying higher prices for years. Imagine what it was like when exchange was 60 cents on the dollar instead of the 90-95 it's been hovering around the last few years.

I should add that Lego is also really weird sometimes...

Mini Cooper is $99.99 in the US and $119.99 in Canada.

T1 is $119.99 in the US and $129.99 in Canada.

They seem to set their prices based on the exchange of the day and accept market fluctuations.

Edited by gregpj

I don't order all that much from walmart.ca so maybe someone else knows the answer to this:

When stock checking the TH and Sopwith, i can put in 999 and it doesn't say "oops! too many, we've adjusted your cart with what inventory we have". Does Walmart not do that? Highly doubt they have 999 haha.

My local Lego store had 8 or so TH's yesterday, and i went today to get one and poof, all gone. Curious to see Walmart's online stock of this, but it's looking like it might not be possible, at least without actually placing an order.

On the topic of US/CAN prices; the one that still irks me is 9474 Helm's Deep: $129.99 US/$169.99 CAD compared to 75055 Star Destroyer: $129.99 USD/$149.99 CAD   :scratchhead:  

The US/CAN price difference is tough for Modular fans too...+$50 difference is huge. 

I think Walmart's online inventory will send you a notice/email after your order if they don't have enough stock to fill your order.  I do like TRU online experience...can usually see online inventory levels (999 entry) as long as there is no buying limits.   

I don't order all that much from walmart.ca so maybe someone else knows the answer to this:

When stock checking the TH and Sopwith, i can put in 999 and it doesn't say "oops! too many, we've adjusted your cart with what inventory we have". Does Walmart not do that? Highly doubt they have 999 haha.

My local Lego store had 8 or so TH's yesterday, and i went today to get one and poof, all gone. Curious to see Walmart's online stock of this, but it's looking like it might not be possible, at least without actually placing an order.

On the topic of US/CAN prices; the one that still irks me is 9474 Helm's Deep: $129.99 US/$169.99 CAD compared to 75055 Star Destroyer: $129.99 USD/$149.99 CAD   :scratchhead:  

I can't comment on walmart.ca's inventory system but perhaps HD cost differential is much higher because when it was first released our dollar was worth much less.  CDN has dropped a bit recently but it's still a bit better than 1.15.  I really try to buy exclusives that are more than 20% more expensive in CDN$ in the US if possible.

Nope... We've just been paying higher prices for years. Imagine what it was like when exchange was 60 cents on the dollar instead of the 90-95 it's been hovering around the last few years.

I should add that Lego is also really weird sometimes...

Mini Cooper is $99.99 in the US and $119.99 in Canada.

T1 is $119.99 in the US and $129.99 in Canada.

They seem to set their prices based on the exchange of the day and accept market fluctuations.

Ya know, I'm glad this has come up already with CDN vs USA pricing. I've been crunching some numbers and was planning to start a thread about some of my findings. And yes Canadians get totally HOSED on the modular pricing!

To my knowledge, there is a significant fee to import into Canada, transportation/distribution centres and higher wages also contribute to the price gap.  The gap is narrowing in a lot of sectors but most of that work will be undone by the decline in the Canadian dollar in the last 12-18 months when Mid-End 2015 prices are set by multinational corporations.  You may end up seeing a $199US item for $259-269 instead of the current 249.

Domestic products are a separate issue.

There are still some good deals, VW camper van and Parisian Restaurant among them but our "clearance" is not very good unless you find 50% off.

Excellent! I would have bought a few more GE`s. Also, SSD would have been one to buy, but shame I read this too late. Oh well, bought several other things which, for the sake of maintaining some level of privacy, I`ll keep to myself haha. Thanks for sharing! 

Was the the SSD actually available?

I checked their stock quite literally seconds after Hansolo posted the thread, and i did not see any SSD's in stock. No idea how long they have had these new items though, i only browse their clearance listings.

Whomever did get it (if they had any stock) is darn lucky!

I checked their stock quite literally seconds after Hansolo posted the thread, and i did not see any SSD's in stock. No idea how long they have had these new items though, i only browse their clearance listings.

Whomever did get it (if they had any stock) is darn lucky!

I'm sure if it was available and someone did get one, they would be sure to let everyone here know about it.

My Sopwith and Town Hall arrived yesterday very well packed, in fact probably too well packed! Came with a mountain of air packets. Had a hell of a time finding somewhere to store it all haha.

Boxes do seem to be pretty old, but the wear isn't too bad. The seals codes aren't visible due to being worn out.

• Like 1