Best credit cards for buying Lego?

stackables

Yes MInt.com. It's a financial aggregator and a fantastic tool if you manage your own money.

Edit: Legodog - Synchrony bank is the only account (out of about 25) I have that doesn't work, and that includes a mom-******-pop mortgage company out of the mid west. A lot of companies integrate now due to it's popularity. Synchrony feels the ads Mint shows to save you money or whatever compete with their offerings so they do not provide an api.

Edited by tonysbricks
  • Like 1

Exciter1, you and my fellow Ohio brickpickers may be aware but Amazon is in talks with Ohio to bring a data center to the Columbus area.  It could mean they will have to collect sales tax from us in the near future.  Seems like it could go either way since a prior Ohio Supreme Court ruling indicates this data center would not be affiliated with Amazon closely enough for them to have "nexus" in the state but PA and CT had similar rulings that were disregarded and Amazon still agreed to collect sales tax in those states.  Just something to keep an eye on.

http://www.policymattersohio.org/amazon-sep-2014

Thanks for the heads up, I figured it would be coming sometime.

I'm torn on this one.  I absolutely despise Synchrony - I've received the worst customer service and run into some of the most rude and unintelligent phone support of any organization when calling for a few issues with the TRU card.  Meijer dropped them for the Meijer CC and moved to Comenity.

But, that additional 2% + $40 up front sure would be grand...

With regards to the Amazon Store Card, It would be interesting to see how they handle the USD conversion rate and fees associated with the conversion.  I imagine a lot of us would us it at Amazon.co.uk, amazon.de, etc.

I don't believe you can use your US store card for purchases in other countries. When I make purchases in other countries it does not show up as a payment method although I have not tried to manually type the number in again to see if it would take it.

Are any of you guys thinking of ditching your Chase Amazon card and switching over to the Amazon Store card?

https://www.amazon.com/iss/credit/storecardmember/ref=storecard_van

Limited time offer: a $40 Amazon.com Gift Card will be instantly loaded into your Amazon.com account upon the approval of your credit card application.

APSC_MarketingPage._CB327620134_.png

Hmmm... is it news?

Read this in DD today... and I was completely confused but was busy today so haven't posted about it.

I have been getting this 5% credit back for almost a year now by using my Amazon Store Card but I thought it was a common thing that every Amazon Store Card owner is getting? And yeah, I think they added the >$149 6-month financing thing some months back.

The $40 gift card is nice and this is fairly painless.  Don't carry a balance, unless it's 0%.  That 25.99% APY is a stinger.

Yikes...I almost choked when I saw that.  I don't think that I've ever had a credit card with a rate that high.

• Like 1