Best credit cards for buying Lego?

stackables

I don't see why not. 1) You get $50 signup bonus 2) You get 3% back for everything you spend at Amazon.com (3 points for every $1) 3) It's automatically used on your Amazon.com purchases when you set it up. You can of course opt to use something else at any time for specific purchases. 4) $0 Annual Fee 5) When you login to Amazon Rewards (at Chase), you can set up to autopay balance in full every month (which I do with all my other reward cards too). Everyone should do this (pay balance in full automatically every month, that is). 6) You get 2% back at Restaurants and Office Supply stores if you use Amazon Rewards Card there. Those currently beat out my Penfed Rewards and Chase Ultimate Rewards card. Penfed however wins out for gas (5%), supermarkets (3%). Chase Rewards changes on a quarterly basis - currently it is 5% for gas, drugstores and Starbucks. Combined with Prime membership for extremely competitive prices, no taxes, free shipping, we're in heaven. We literally buy hundreds of things from Amazon every year.

I don't see why not.

1) You get $50 signup bonus

2) You get 3% back for everything you spend at Amazon.com (3 points for every $1)

3) It's automatically used on your Amazon.com purchases when you set it up. You can of course opt to use something else at any time for specific purchases.

4) $0 Annual Fee

5) When you login to Amazon Rewards (at Chase), you can set up to autopay balance in full every month (which I do with all my other reward cards too). Everyone should do this (pay balance in full automatically every month, that is).

6) You get 2% back at Restaurants and Office Supply stores if you use Amazon Rewards Card there. Those currently beat out my Penfed Rewards and Chase Ultimate Rewards card. Penfed however wins out for gas (5%), supermarkets (3%). Chase Rewards changes on a quarterly basis - currently it is 5% for gas, drugstores and Starbucks.

Combined with Prime membership for extremely competitive prices, no taxes, free shipping, we're in heaven. We literally buy hundreds of things from Amazon every year.

I agree. It is a great deal. I would definitely get it if you plan to do a lot of buying on Amazon. I have already used my points and got 2 sets for free.

I have one and now I only use that card for almost everything I purchase. The points build up fast and you can use them on amazon at any time even if you only have one dollar worth of points. No annual fee and no interest for me cause I like to pay the whole balance off to avoid interest like any credit card. And yes you get 50 bucks amazon credit just for signing up. No strings attached. It's a good deal if you don't already have too many credit cards.

This is very interesting. I'll highly consider getting one of these, but one thing I have to ask, what do the points mean? What do you use them for?

Use points while you Amazon-shop.

For every $100, you get $3 that you can apply toward future Amazon purchases.

Might not seem like much but I live a lifestyle where I use rewards card on everything (and still pay balance in full every month). It's like I'm getting between 3%-5% sale on everything. Example - for just Penfed rewards card that I have, on average, I get $500-$600 back in a year.

I've read mixed reviews about this card on Amazon. Some people get approved right away and some it takes weeks. Some get declined right away and some it takes weeks. If you already have a Chase credit card it may lower your chances of getting approved (Amazon card is Chase). I guess it all depends on your credit history and such. I have one and haven't used it much but everything has been good so far.

I've read mixed reviews about this card on Amazon. Some people get approved right away and some it takes weeks. Some get declined right away and some it takes weeks. If you already have a Chase credit card it may lower your chances of getting approved (Amazon card is Chase). I guess it all depends on your credit history and such. I have one and haven't used it much but everything has been good so far.

Eh, was never an issue for me - but of course I have good credit.

FYI, I have both Chase Freedom, and recently, Amazon Rewards. Amazon Rewards was approved after I have Chase Freedom.

Bottom line: maintain good credit, you will have nothing to worry about.

Eh, was never an issue for me - but of course I have good credit.

FYI, I have both Chase Freedom, and recently, Amazon Rewards. Amazon Rewards was approved after I have Chase Freedom.

Bottom line: maintain good credit, you will have nothing to worry about.

I also have both of those same cards. You can also link your Chase Freedom card to your Amazon account and use those rewards too. If you wanted to anyway..

Hello everyone, I was looking but couldn't find much talk about cash back and credit cards on here. I currently get 1% back but I was wondering if anyone knows of anything better. I'm looking to purchase at Target and Walmart stores, and online from there as well. I talked to someone from American Express - cause I saw 5 percent back from an ad but those are not included and she said I would only get 1 percent. Any help would be great. Thanks

If you are buying online, use ****** or Mrrebates. If you are buying offline, look for credit cards that give you larger cash back to grocery stores. A lot of credit cards give 1% on all purchase but they'll run offers for 5-10% for grocery stores. Then, go to the grocery store and buy a gift card to that particular store(s). Then, you'll save yourself 5-10% depending on what the promo is.

Do you have a Target Red Card? It gets you 5% all purchases, and often times gets you free shipping when you order online. The best part about it is that it is linked to your checking account, not a credit card. Also, Amazon has a cash back program worth 3%. You get a $50 credit just for opening it.

• 5 months later...

thinking of actually getting one since ive been buying so much on amazon lately with this Lego craze. my main card is AMEX but only gets 1% of amazon purchases while amazon cc will get me 3 points to my dollar which is like 3%.

do many of you use the amazon cc? only for amazon purchases?

I love my Amazon card. When I signed up they were doing the $50 gift card on approval. I used it with a promotion they were running to get an additional 20% off one toy when purchased on an Amazon Visa. Ended up getting the Vampyre Castle for $26 out of pocket.

I hear they are very strict about approving you for the card. Apparently you can't have any blemishes on your credit at all. No late payments, etc. I'm not 100% sure on that stipulation though.