Back in the Lego Game

Hey guys, how's it going? After an approximately 15 year personal building hiatus, my oldest son turned 5 and a Lego explosion has happened in our house! It led to a trip over to my parents to pull out my old Lego's, and I found a MISB 6894 Lego Blacktron Invader from around 1987. While doing research about what exactly I had found, I stumbled across BrickPicker and fell into the abyss hard. I sold the set on Ebay in less then 15 minutes, and had my seed money for a small Lego investing operation!

I started by inputting all the sets my son has gotten over the past year, and discovered.that a few sets we had purchased on clearance last holiday season have since gone EOL (and are still "ungifted" and hidden MISB in our basement). After lurking, reading, and doing some research, I've bought a number of sets to hold onto, including 10225 R2-D2, 21103 DeLorean, 21109 Exo-Suit, and 10220 T1 VW Camper. I'm really enjoying the forums, and figured it was time to post my new member intro.

The way I see it, with a 5 and 3 year old boy these sets will either get sold for a profit later, or gifted to my boys if I bought duds. No lose right?

Edited by edgecrusher

The timing of The Lego Movie helped as well. That really started my son down the path. We went with a few of his friends to the TRU promo to build Emmet's car, tgen went to see the movie immediately after. I was on the other side of the fence for his birthday, when the thing he wanted most was a Benny mini-fig. I was able to get the Benny and Wyldstyle from the Benny's Spaceship set on EBay, but I know know the folly of my ways. I haven't bought a set for myself to actually build yet, want to see if I can start turning a bit of profit first.

I regret missing out on the GE that popped up shortly on Amazon today at. There were 4 left when I clicked the link, and I made the terrible mistake of debating the purchase for a minute before adding it to my cart. We're any of you able to snag one?

Welcome to the site. My story is similar from about 2 years ago. My boys are now 8 and 5.

Wait until you try to separate which sets below to who and which ones are dads and which ones are for looking at the boxes only! First question I get when I bring home any set is "are you selling that one?"

Haha

Hey guys, how's it going? After an approximately 15 year personal building hiatus, my oldest son turned 5 and a Lego explosion has happened in our house! It led to a trip over to my parents to pull out my old Lego's, and I found a MISB 6894 Lego Blacktron Invader from around 1987. While doing research about what exactly I had found, I stumbled across BrickPicker and fell into the abyss hard. I sold the set on Ebay in less then 15 minutes, and had my seed money for a small Lego investing operation!

I started by inputting all the sets my son has gotten over the past year, and discovered.that a few sets we had purchased on clearance last holiday season have since gone EOL (and are still "ungifted" and hidden MISB in our basement). After lurking, reading, and doing some research, I've bought a number of sets to hold onto, including 10225 R2-D2, 21103 DeLorean, 21109 Exo-Suit, and 10220 T1 VW Camper. I'm really enjoying the forums, and figured it was time to post my new member intro.

The way I see it, with a 5 and 3 year old boy these sets will either get sold for a profit later, or gifted to my boys if I bought duds. No lose right?

I agree with your no lose scenario.  I would say nearly all Lego are good Lego.