Friends 2015

TheDarkness

I'm loving the hair stylist and cute car! :wub:

Haven't they already done a vet/pet hospital and a beauty salon? Running out of ideas? The lighthouse is cool though.

This looks like a cross between the Heartlake Vet and Pet Salon. Also I think the little outside pool was part of the very first wave of sets so here we go again. The new big house should go perfectly with Olivia's House and Stephanie's Beach House I think.

I do like the hot air balloon though. Is the balloon part one piece?

It seems so. Gotta love Andrea's friend called "Name". :lol:

Yes! I totally called that lighthouse!

Indeed you did, milady. :yes:

I'm loving the hair stylist and cute car! :wub:

This looks like a cross between the Heartlake Vet and Pet Salon. Also I think the little outside pool was part of the very first wave of sets so here we go again. The new big house should go perfectly with Olivia's House and Stephanie's Beach House I think.

It seems so. Gotta love Andrea's friend called "Name". :lol:

Indeed you did, milady. :yes:

With the Big Scissors hair salon, I think they're trying for BBS Part Deux, since everyone missed it the first time around.

There was an early Friends polybag that had Emma in a very similar wading pool. It may have been a promo? I had to get mine through eBay.

We can't see the flip side of the new pink house yet but I hope it has some new features like an elevator or dolphin habitat because the front sure looks an awful like Olivia's House. I agree about adding to the neighborhood. Maybe this will make investing in Olivia's House an even better strategy?

Looks like some new hairstyles on the two "Names". Andrea's friend has a neat mussed up do (the kind that takes a lot of effort to look "effortless") and the other one has Wyldstyle's hairstyle.

And thanks for remembering :). I'm still crossing my fingers for a Pegleg Sue (or whatever her name was) pink and purple pirate ship. And a sushi restaurant :)

Edited by wholovesboo

With the Big Scissors hair salon, I think they're trying for BBS Part Deux, since everyone missed it the first time around.

Definitely but at least they made the designs different yet complementary to each other if put beside one another I think.

There was an early Friends polybag that had Emma in a very similar wading pool. It may have been a promo? I had to get mine through eBay.

I believe this was the set in question.

tmp_image.png

We can't see the flip side of the new pink house yet but I hope it has some new features like an elevator or dolphin habitat because the front sure looks an awful like Olivia's House. I agree about adding to the neighborhood. Maybe this will make investing in Olivia's House an even better strategy?

I sure hope so. Olivia's House is one bit of reality that just won't leave the stores! Haha. Both my Walmart and Target have a few of them filling the shelf space even with the Sunshine Ranch right beside it and the Dolphin Cruiser above or below.

Looks like some new hairstyles on the two "Names". Andrea's friend has a neat mussed up do (the kind that takes a lot of effort to look "effortless") and the other one has Wyldstyle's hairstyle.

Good catch on Wyldstyle's hair in a new color as I didn't even notice. I love getting new hairstyles!

You really can't get away from those ice cream vendors in Heartlake City!!

Haha, nope. :) Speaking of which, I'm having a hard time resisting buying Olivia's Ice Cream Bike already. It's a new set and I'm still playing catch up with everything else therefore I keep putting it back....but it's so goshdarn cute! :sweat:

• 4 weeks later...

So the final images are out and these will definitely help sell the series one stuff.  I was ready to bail on the friends theme (fantastic performer mind you) since I am not sure how it will do long term and these show up.  Many look like winners and I think they will amplify the big pile of pink that I have.  I may have to hold these one more year since all of these new ones will be for sale Christmas 2015.  Based on the new house, Olivias house has to say good buy I would think.

Gasp! Babies!! (Bunnies that is). My daughter is going to go freakin nuts.

Built the Series 5 sets today with her. I got 2 of each so we could each build all of them. Just from looking at the bag, we weren't sure if the orangutan could wear a bow or not (it's shown without one). I guess the outstretched arm would get in the way. When we opened it up, turns out it can wear a bow...on its behind :).

Gasp! Babies!! (Bunnies that is). My daughter is going to go freakin nuts.

Built the Series 5 sets today with her. I got 2 of each so we could each build all of them. Just from looking at the bag, we weren't sure if the orangutan could wear a bow or not (it's shown without one). I guess the outstretched arm would get in the way. When we opened it up, turns out it can wear a bow...on its behind :).

The baby bunnies and the kitty and puppy in 41085 made my daughter freak out big time when I showed her the new images.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for all the photos. still trying to get the new ones that are out now. but I have to say Im loving them all. I missed out on the salon my daughter started playing with them after it was gone so I am happy they came out with a new one.

I am VERY pleased to see Emma's house!!! Hopefully they will continue to move on with the house sets which means Olivia's house should maintain a high premium long after it is retired. Hopefully the release of Emma's house is a signal that Olivia's will have a EOL soon.

I really like Emma's House myself dare I say more so than Olivia's actually. Guess I just like the color lavender much as I like saying the word. Lavender. Ha.

• 1 month later...