Whats my best move? Bought lego. Arrived to our house damage.

seaweedsm7

e84f42664791732e34579a7946dc589c.jpg0fd2c7b7c7b345411a430ac1886ed60a.jpg2dcad9f4218437c7c9da96cef80f40e5.jpgf457eadc6627119d6246aeab6aac9e43.jpgd62a299eaaafa8088b9c0836bee73f21.jpg

Hi so i bought this to my kid at ebay. He used a stock photo for this listing but i decided to bid anyway because listing stated that there's no damage on the box, fantastic condition. And it arrived i already noticed looks bad because they used a smaller usps box to pack it notice some bulging (pic1). Used to many newspaper as a packing material inside (pic2) which cause to squeeze the set inside. Pic 3-4 showing its damage done to the box. Note that this is for opening so box condition is not my priority, but the way that item is not properly pack and ship kinda disappointed me. I already notified the seller bout this. Any comment tips suggestions guys? Thanks

If it's just for your kid to open I would let it go. Nothing inside is damaged so you really haven't been harmed. Maybe send a message to the seller and let them know what happened.

Yup its for my kid and i already told the seller bout it. Hopefully he dont do it often or might meet some picky buyer.

I would definitely ask for a partial refund 9/10 times they ll give you a 5-10 dollar refund for the damage

And this is what is wrong with ebay. If he's throwing the box away then why does it matter?  That is why they have you rate your sellers, not to gouge them out of money. 

Either return it or keep it. 

If he asked for a partial I'd tell him to send it back. 

• Like 3

It's good to let him know. I would want to know if something arrived in bad shape, but going by that pack job, it was bound to happen.

Looks pretty noobish coming from a guy with great experience and clearly stating the condition and attempts to package well.

Worst of all, it burns you and your trust for any future purchases. I pack mine well, but if I state so, you'll be saying "Yeah right, heard that before" when you read that. :(

It's good to let him know. I would want to know if something arrived in bad shape, but going by that pack job, it was bound to happen.

Looks pretty noobish coming from a guy with great experience and clearly stating the condition and attempts to package well.

Worst of all, it burns you and your trust for any future purchases. I pack mine well, but if I state so, you'll be saying "Yeah right, heard that before" when you read that. :(

Agree

Either way though I'd return it or keep it. Not ask for a discount. I'm waiting to see if he replies back to OP.

Speaking of reply +1 for him:

I'm very sorry and would like to know what you'd like to do about it? You can return the set and I can send you another one in different packaging that is mint. I can offer you a partial refund to offset the damage. I have shipped other Lego sets the exact same way in those boxes and never had any problem, but sometimes you never know what the post office will end up setting on something no matter how it is packaged and it causes damage.

Speaking of reply +1 for him:

I'm very sorry and would like to know what you'd like to do about it? You can return the set and I can send you another one in different packaging that is mint. I can offer you a partial refund to offset the damage. I have shipped other Lego sets the exact same way in those boxes and never had any problem, but sometimes you never know what the post office will end up setting on something no matter how it is packaged and it causes damage.

Awesome news! Glad you contacted him first. Good sellers take care of their customers and it's obvious he is a good seller.

• Like 1

Sorry if I sound harsh to the OP, but I would be embarrassed to ask for any partial refund if my kid or me was just going to rip the box open and build the set. A polite note to the seller about his back packing method would be recommended--that should have been sent without any packing at all in that size of a box, unless there was a gap on either end of the set. You never pack air bags or newspaper between a set top or bottom and the outer box when it would cause the box to bulge. It just makes the set box cave in.

And asking for a partial refund should never be just to get a set at a "discount".

If you are a reseller or picky about the box, then a note before the purchase would certainly be in order confirming and requesting a mint box. Otherwise, good feedback and perhaps a note to the seller with a suggestion on better packaging, then let your kid have at it and enjoy the build!

Perhaps it was the mailman of USPS that caused the box to be damaged during transit.

All usps packages include $50 insurance right?

I had something similar happened not too long ago. Seller told me to deal with usps about damages.

Not sure about usps fault shipping the box is not crushed, but the method of putting newspapers a lot inside the box cause the lego set to bend like azalon said.