Target CANADA- Spend $50 or more get a free $10 Gift card- 75055 On sale $105.00

Hansolo55

Just got back from my local Target (Greater Vancouver Area).  This weekend only spend $50 in store and receive a $10 gift card free valid store wide.  I bought $50 in groceries to get my free gift card.

I also noticed my store had the new imperial Star Destroyer 75055 on sale for $105 (reg $149.99) 30% discount! I didn't see this sale in their flyer, so not sure if this is sale chain wide or not. So I bought my groceries, put them in my car, and went back in to buy the set. $105 less 5% using my Red Card: $99.75 plus 12% HST = $111.72, less $10 gift card: $101.72!  PLUS THEY GAVE ME ANOTHER $10 GIFT CARD for my purchase!  The fine print says one gift card per customer but they don't seem to enforce it. :)  It was the same teller for the second purchase and she knew I had just got the gift card a few minutes earlier but was happy to give me another, I didn't even ask for it..

Pretty sweet deal I think.  I wanted one for my collection and I doubt I'll ever get it cheaper than that.  Might be worth checking your local Target store this weekend if you want one.  

Good luck!

• Like 3

Don't forget they'll also price match - I picked up some 2013 Superhero sets price matched and have 6 GCs so far - the teller had no problem handing them out.  I also picked up the last of the series 1 Mixels they had in batches of $50 to get GCs.

Another great sale was the Agents HQ set - I think regular $119.99 on for $83.99.  With a 5% Redcard and GC, I'm tempted to pick up one or two...

Star Destroyer was on for $104, so must be nationwide.

Target - Or How To Get Free Lego

I have been stacking on 10$ GC this morning, got 4 so far. Will try to get more tomorow, I just buy 50$ Esso gift card. 

Not sure what to buy tought, the Star Destroyer is nice, but its so new, I guess it would sit in my storage for 2-3 years minimum? The Agent HQ was gone when I got there...

Target has spoiled me with so much 50% off and better deals since January that I'll pass on the 75055 this go around.

I really hope Target lasts in Canada... there is a real threat of them all closing down if they can't turn it around very soon. If Target Canada doesn't have an excellent X-mas season then prepare for the worst!

Target has spoiled me with so much 50% off and better deals since January that I'll pass on the 75055 this go around.

I really hope Target lasts in Canada... there is a real threat of them all closing down if they can't turn it around very soon. If Target Canada doesn't have an excellent X-mas season then prepare for the worst!

This is a pretty popular set and was OOS at S&**** yesterday - I can't remember the ship date, but the first run must have been popular.  Even with another run in stock for the holiday season I'd wager this might be one of the newer SW sets to be OOS from Black Friday on - could be an opportunity to get the Star Destroyer now and maybe make a little cash with plenty of time to buy more in the future.  And even if you don't flip it this holiday season, still a pretty decent price.

I'm going to take the risk and get a couple Agents HQs, figuring at worst I can probably make $20-25 on kijiji in Nov. or Dec.

Also, if you're looking for series 2 mixels, I think a full set of 9 with the Redcard and GC is probably the cheapest you'll get in Canada, and with series 3 hitting S&**** in September, whatever stock is in store is probably the last B&M shipment.

I saw a couple Ninjago sets on sale, too, but can't remember the sets.  I'm heading back to Target so I'll check it out.

I'm jealous! Looks like I'm SOL

Sorry about that. I nabbed the five on the shelves at Willowbrook Target before heading back to the US. :) Hope you didn't mind that. Bought one, grabbed the GC, went to the car, went back in for another with GC on another aisle, did that four times. The last time I walked out, the supervisor said I'm a sneaky one but he let me go.

Sorry about that. I nabbed the five on the shelves at Willowbrook Target before heading back to the US. :) Hope you didn't mind that. Bought one, grabbed the GC, went to the car, went back in for another with GC on another aisle, did that four times. The last time I walked out, the supervisor said I'm a sneaky one but he let me go.

Awe man, couldn't even leave me one for personal eh?

Yeah they sold like hot cakes in my area and nobody was trying to sell them in the parking lot for a 2x profit either.

• Like 1

Next time, let me know which target you are hitting. My next visit is in late September. Hope to clean out your targets. I racked up those destroyers at $92USD after taxes, $101 CAD. That's what I call a fire sale. As the USD rises, I'll be requesting more company trips up north. :) I'll be looking into the Maersk ship on my next trip. It's cheaper for me to buy in Vancouver and bring back down to the US than it is for me to buy in the US. The other trick is racking up VIP points in Canada and reusing them in the states.

Next time, let me know which target you are hitting. My next visit is in late September. Hope to clean out your targets. I racked up those destroyers at $92USD after taxes, $101 CAD. That's what I call a fire sale. As the USD rises, I'll be requesting more company trips up north. :) I'll be looking into the Maersk ship on my next trip. It's cheaper for me to buy in Vancouver and bring back down to the US than it is for me to buy in the US. The other trick is racking up VIP points in Canada and reusing them in the states.

It might be a little easier, since I'm always here, if you tell me when you're here and going to clear us out just in case I wanna up something for my personal. :D

I'm a bit surprised you didn't take this deal to TRU for a price match. I went to the TRU next door with my receipt from target and price matched three more that day. They gave it to me for $101 after taxes and the GC. I did leave two on the shelf that day. They said that have more in the back. You got two more days to take a snap shot of it at target and run next door to TRU. :)

I'm a bit surprised you didn't take this deal to TRU for a price match. I went to the TRU next door with my receipt from target and price matched three more that day. They gave it to me for $101 after taxes and the GC. I did leave two on the shelf that day. They said that have more in the back. You got two more days to take a snap shot of it at target and run next door to TRU. :)

Honestly it didn't cross my mind because I had $50 in gcs I was going to use to bring the price waaaay down.