Greetings from bonnie Scotland...

...except not bonnie today, it's chucking it down....

Hi all... My name is Gareth and I hail from Ayr on the West coast of Scotland.

Been playing on and off with Lego since I was a lad (70s I think....jeez) but got back into it more recently as I realised that Lego seem to have more products aimed at the "older child"  ( I was gonna say a more adult range of Lego products, but that didn't quite sound right, somehow.... )

So since getting back into it, I stumbled across this not-so-little site and have been hooked since, trying to learn more about the collecting and investing side of things. They say you should only invest in things that you know or love...well I'm sold!

Not got much yet for that special storage space in the attic, but the past few weeks have seen me pick up a few of the modular buildings, a Red-Five X-Wing, a handful of Exo Suits and Research Institutes, an R2D2 and a couple of SSDs, amongst (many) other things.

Whilst mostly I have bought from Lego@Home, I've also got a few from eBay. But I am also very lucky to work about 3 minutes walk from the Glasgow B&M Lego store, which is not only handy but also painful on the wallet. They got a shipment in yesterday of 80 Exo Suits too. Which is nice.

I've lurked for a while now, and base most of my purchasing decisions on the (very useful) chatter found in these hallowed pages...so Thank You all for that information....and guys, treat me gentle, this is my first time...

Cheers...

Gareth

...except not bonnie today, it's chucking it down....

Hi all... My name is Gareth and I hail from Ayr on the West coast of Scotland.

Been playing on and off with Lego since I was a lad (70s I think....jeez) but got back into it more recently as I realised that Lego seem to have more products aimed at the "older child"  ( I was gonna say a more adult range of Lego products, but that didn't quite sound right, somehow.... )

So since getting back into it, I stumbled across this not-so-little site and have been hooked since, trying to learn more about the collecting and investing side of things. They say you should only invest in things that you know or love...well I'm sold!

Not got much yet for that special storage space in the attic, but the past few weeks have seen me pick up a few of the modular buildings, a Red-Five X-Wing, a handful of Exo Suits and Research Institutes, an R2D2 and a couple of SSDs, amongst (many) other things.

Whilst mostly I have bought from Lego@Home, I've also got a few from eBay. But I am also very lucky to work about 3 minutes walk from the Glasgow B&M Lego store, which is not only handy but also painful on the wallet. They got a shipment in yesterday of 80 Exo Suits too. Which is nice.

I've lurked for a while now, and base most of my purchasing decisions on the (very useful) chatter found in these hallowed pages...so Thank You all for that information....and guys, treat me gentle, this is my first time...

Cheers...

Gareth

Very nice choices. I especially like the Red-Five, has been on my list long time and I only have 1 at decent discount... I think you have already a very nice portfolio.It will do well in reasonable time.

• 3 weeks later...