Hello from St Louis. Promise I will not riot.

Hello, my name is Matt and I am from the St Louis area. I am 35. I used to have a massive Lego Star Wars collection, but sold them all about 4 years ago when I got divorced and needed money bad. I would like to get back into this because I realized I made a TON of money. It was all accidental too. I had been buying those sets because I like Legos and Star Wars. Half of them I had opened and built. Even the ones I opened sold for more than they did when they were new. I could not believe it. I did have some very nice rare sets. I had the Jango Fett Slave 1, the original Sail Barge, motorized AT-AT, old hoth set, cloud city, just to name a few. I had so many. I even at one point almost bout the UCS Falcon new for $500. Man. MAN.

So now I am wanting to get back in the game, but more for investment than my own peronal enjoyment, although I will still keep a couple to build that I really like. So far I picked up 5 ghostbusters Echo 1, 5 Delorean (I have a feeling these will do really well, especially with people my age, in a few years as long as lego doesn't make a bazzillion of them and if they don't whatever, they weren't that expensive), I have a back order in for 2 Sopwith Camels and another backorder in for two Grand Emporiums, I managed to find a 6211 Star Destroyer on Craigslist for $110 (Can you believe that??), picked up a couple new star destroyers (one for me to build and display in my vintage video game room (yes I do have one) and a new AT AT, and I also have plans to get into the Haunted House, big R2, VW camper, and tower bridge as well. And I am ALWAYS scouring Craigslist and little random stores and stuff for retired sets.

I feel like I know a TON about Lego Star Wars, but if there was one series I wish I knew more about it would be Super Heros. I just never got into any of that as a kid except for X-Men and I just don't really know which ones are going to be sought after sets like I do with Star Wars.

Besides the Legos I work as a software developer for one of the largest law firms in the country. I also collect vintage video game consoles and games, have a GTO that I work on making faster, play on an airsoft team, obsess over my body and fitness, ruin that on the weekends because I really really like good beer and whiskey, and enjoy watching my Cardinals and Blues. Oh yeah, I read all the time too. No, I don't have time for sleeping. Great to be here, I will try not to be a d***

Matt

• Like 2

Besides the Legos I work as a software developer for one of the largest law firms in the country. I also collect vintage video game consoles and games, have a GTO that I work on making faster, play on an airsoft team, obsess over my body and fitness, ruin that on the weekends because I really really like good beer and whiskey, and enjoy watching my Cardinals and Blues. Oh yeah, I read all the time too. No, I don't have time for sleeping. Great to be here, I will try not to be a d***

I can't speak for the Cardinals and Blues bits but that last paragraph reads like a shortened bio of dozens of members. :)

Welcome to the site!

Good choice on the Star Wars lego, that's my personal favorite too aside from the new Mini Cooper set. As for the super heroes, generally people go for the sets with the exclusive figures. For example, the Wolverine Chopper (or Cap vs Hydra set if you buy from Kmart) is the only set that ever had Deadpool. The print for Wolverine is unique too. Makes for a very valuable set. Recent speculation is the 6862 - Superman vs Power Lex will be next as it's soon to retire and Wonder Woman is exclusive to the set.

Go have some fun in the super heroes forum (http://community.brickpicker.com/forum/40-superheroes/) there is lots of good stuff in there.

Welcome.

Star wars is indeed a good investment but don't focuss too much on the newly brought out stuff. It will generally be around for quite a while and will see some good pricce cuts. The Delorean is well... I also have a few however I don't think it won't make us that much of a profit. Perhaps once you build it, you will understand why :) It's not bad.... but...

The rest of the choices are pretty good I think.

Welcome.  We live in the same area.  Might have to compare notes.  I am on the east side.

At 42 I grew up on star wars  I was ~6 when the first movie came out.  However I collect vintage Pirate and Castle sets. 

I do my best to stay disciplined and buy larger sets, exclusives or store specific sets.

Gold mine in 9465 Zombies.  Who knew!

I can't speak for the Cardinals and Blues bits but that last paragraph reads like a shortened bio of dozens of members. :)

Welcome to the site!

Good choice on the Star Wars lego, that's my personal favorite too aside from the new Mini Cooper set. As for the super heroes, generally people go for the sets with the exclusive figures. For example, the Wolverine Chopper (or Cap vs Hydra set if you buy from Kmart) is the only set that ever had Deadpool. The print for Wolverine is unique too. Makes for a very valuable set. Recent speculation is the 6862 - Superman vs Power Lex will be next as it's soon to retire and Wonder Woman is exclusive to the set.

Go have some fun in the super heroes forum (http://community.brickpicker.com/forum/40-superheroes/) there is lots of good stuff in there.

I bought 5 of the 6882 today, since they were only $20 and hey, another free mini mini cooper!

Welcome to the site!  I have a feeling about the BTTF Delorean as well, although the general consensus around here is that it blows.  Regardless of the build I think it will do well just because it's BTTF.

You have started a good collection.  Keep it up.  Oh, and exclusives are the way to go.  Look forward to hearing more from you.

• 3 weeks later...