Seasonal Sets 2014

Johnny_Lemonhead

It seems to me that by now we should either have leaked info/images of Halloween 2014 sets/polybags or we should have a "coming soon" entry at Lego.com. I base this on the fact that last year Lego started selling the 40055 pumpkin on August 31 and the year before was much the same. So, we are two weeks away from when they would normally release the set and there is not any info I cn find. Has anyone found anything out that I haven't been able to find with trusty Googling?

We should have seen the sets (if any) for a new Halloween theme by now, unless Lego is keeping it very secret and no one is leaking info and pictures of them. As for the yearly polybag, I wouldn't worry about it. It's just a polybag, and you will most likely get it in time for Halloween.

Still 2 months and a half. Things can happen.

But it also seems that this year there are lot of themes for LEGO to be focused on: Super heroes movies (avengers, guardians of the galaxy...), Batman (tumbler...), SW (rebels), Hobbit (3rd movie), Seasonal (santa), the increasing of the Friends theme, Juniors, Ideas... and Halloween may be considered less important than the other years, at least for 2014.

Plus, the Monster fighters Haunted house is more or less disappearing. Not a good idea to mix themes with a new one IMO.

Maybe we'll see a polybag or a little set (like the teddy bear for valentine's day or the easter egg rabbit) but that's it.

Just my 2 cents.

A WV-like yearly release of a 80-100$ exclusive Halloween set would be totally awesome. Although Halloween itself may not be an important occasion shopping-wise but I bet most people would totally love the theme to make it sell. Graveyard, witch hut, haunted asylum, mad scientist lab etc. So many excellent opportunities to exploit.

At least they would do certainly better than the Mixer in my opinion. Classic monsters are popular.

A WV-like yearly release of a 80-100$ exclusive Halloween set would be totally awesome. Although Halloween itself may not be an important occasion shopping-wise but I bet most people would totally love the theme to make it sell. Graveyard, witch hut, haunted asylum, mad scientist lab etc. So many excellent opportunities to exploit.

At least they would do certainly better than the Mixer in my opinion. Classic monsters are popular.

not only awesome but a great idea with how popular Halloween is now. I would love to see them do this. Probably smarter than having the monster fighters theme year round.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't begin to describe how devastated I am to see that this abomination is the Holloween set for this year. Putting aside for a moment the ill-advised move from polybags to boxes for seasonal issues, this set is purely horrid. They had a chance to make something neat with 150 or so pieces and this is what they came up with? A Donnie Darko bunny? Seriously, this has been a bad year for Lego IN MY HUMBLE OPINION. I have really hated this year of Lego issues.

• Like 1

Wish they'd release some cool polybag that I could integrate into the Haunted House. (Tombstone, casket, etc.)

This was available for a while, makes a good accessory for Haunted House or Vampyre Castle.  Was even on sale at Lego shops.

http://brickset.com/sets/850487-1/Halloween-Accessory-Set

This http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=30201-1 was available for a while as well.  I still have a couple I picked up in a bulk buy.

It took my mother and I five minutes on the phone discussing this set before we realized that it is supposed to be a bat. At first glance it reads like a bunny. Then when you look some more it appears to be a cat. Then finally I realized it is suposed to be a freaking BAT. Great job Lego, you made a bat set that takes 5 minutes for Lego experts to realize is actually a bat.

• Like 1

It took my mother and I five minutes on the phone discussing this set before we realized that it is supposed to be a bat. At first glance it reads like a bunny. Then when you look some more it appears to be a cat. Then finally I realized it is suposed to be a freaking BAT. Great job Lego, you made a bat set that takes 5 minutes for Lego experts to realize is actually a bat.

I thought it was a bunny, my son came right up and said "it's a bat, not a bunny".  So there you go, you have to be 8 to understand the set.

Maybe the good people at Lego know what they're doing after all.