Any way to combat opened case that isn't escalated?

tonysbricks

Last week a buyer opened a case. I quoted the ebay policy back to them basically saying they have no case. They have still not escalated the case and I doubt they will since they know they are going to lose.

This matters because allegedly cassini immediately lowers your search results hits when you have an open case. I do not really want to be looking at 30 days of reduced hits because some db wants to play around.

Is there anything that can be done?

Cassini lowers you in search if you have an unresolved open case (and it's a fairly significant strike on your dashboard, too). So, answer the buyer within the case (so that you are on record as having the last response on the case and it shows "waiting for buyer's response/action") and wait out the 7 (I think it's still 7) days for the case to close on its own; or, if you are absolutely sure eBay will find in your favor, call CS and ask them to escalate and close the case on your behalf.

• Like 2

I find myself calling eBay CS quite often when I get Item Not Rec'd Cases while the item is still in transit. Once I see delivery confirmation I call right away to have the case closed bc apparently it counts as a defect if the buyer were to close the case on their own. They told me that the option to escalate the case to eBay CS is not available to the seller for 3 business days after the case is opened, and often the item ends up delivered within those few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I find myself calling eBay CS quite often when I get Item Not Rec'd Cases while the item is still in transit. Once I see delivery confirmation I call right away to have the case closed bc apparently it counts as a defect if the buyer were to close the case on their own. They told me that the option to escalate the case to eBay CS is not available to the seller for 3 business days after the case is opened, and often the item ends up delivered within those few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I was told similar recently - if buyer is still waiting for item (impatiently) and opens the case, call CS as long as you have valid tracking # uploaded (and showing in transit) to have the case closed by CS so that it does not register as a defect.

I am still cleaning up the fallout of two of these and a ridiculous negative feedback, having hit as multiple defects from multiple angles all within 2 weeks.