The mother load?

Madd

I can't even imagine......I wouldnt even know where to begin. How would one even begin to tackle that?

Just like any other lot, start with the mini figures. Then bash your head repeatedly against a wall.

The problem isn't the size of the lot, it's that there is no profit left in it.

• Like 2

For comparison I recently purchase a similar sized lot locally over 1200 minifigs, sets from 1985-2006 for $2500.  There was gold in it that could only be found by carefully going through before buying, Sealed Chrome Darth vader, Tantine 10019, UCS AT-ST, Rare Train Rail Crossing, Original Town Plan, All the indiana Jones sets, Black falcon's fortress and most other early castle sets, two original Imperial flagships, all the fantasy era castles and sets, all the creator houses, over 80 32x32 baseplates, and so on.  My point is there is no way to asses the value of that lot, It could easily be worth 10K or more depending on whats in there, but there is no way to tell from those pictures. I would ask for detailed pictures of the minifigs.  And as it looks from here I would not pay over 2K shipped, and even that would be a gamble on how much you would make on your time investment.

Looks like someone wants to get their money back, too bad it doesn`t usually work that way. Foolish to buy such a lot if you can`t inspect it in person (or if the photos were far more detailed), not for that kind of money. $5K might be fair, but it could just as well as be a very poor investment of cash and money. No way to tell, there isn`t enough info. 

$1,400 for shipping??? I would rather drive 6-7 hours to get there and pick it up myself instead of paying $1,400 for shipping. There is a lot of Lego there, but I don't think the profit is worth it after going through that much Lego. I love Lego, but going through all of that would be a nightmare.

Last time I bought a 15kg lot of lego.. Already drove me up the walls to clean and sort that one. I think if I would have a lot like this one, I'd cry.... alot.... and some more..... I pity the guy that bought it.

I'm able to go through 50 lbs of Lego without getting a headache. After 50 lbs, I go crazy as there is too many pieces to look though no matter which way you sort the bulk lot.

My personal thought on this is that whomever purchased it way overpaid.  $10+/lb is crazy in a lot like this plus you're paying shipping which will end up being a few hundred dollars.  There really wasn't even any amazing sets to be seen.  While it's possible there is some gold in there, I don't think the buyer will ever get their money back.  Good luck if you're a member here.

My personal thought on this is that whomever purchased it way overpaid.  $10+/lb is crazy in a lot like this plus you're paying shipping which will end up being a few hundred dollars.  There really wasn't even any amazing sets to be seen.  While it's possible there is some gold in there, I don't think the buyer will ever get their money back.  Good luck if you're a member here.

It just said that the listing was ended because the item was not available anymore.  I don't think that anyone bought it.

It's very possible the seller had it listed on Craig's as well, where he might have struck a local deal, thus ending the listing. Or he could have made a deal with an eBay buyer outside of eBay to circumvent the fees. Either way, nothing in those pictures looked great, and I pity the fool who has to go through it all!

I'm able to go through 50 lbs of Lego without getting a headache. After 50 lbs, I go crazy as there is too many pieces to look though no matter which way you sort the bulk lot.

25kg of lego.... pffffffffffrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... and has there been no moment where you said "ok, this is the last vrac of lego i'll ever buy, i'll stick to NISB or second hand sets" ?

25kg of lego.... pffffffffffrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... and has there been no moment where you said "ok, this is the last vrac of lego i'll ever buy, i'll stick to NISB or second hand sets" ?

Not really. I never has that kind of moment. I do both. I have a stash of NISB sets tucked away, but I also buy bulk lots. I enjoy going though bulk lots and figuring out what sets are hidden in there. Plus, most of the bulk lots I buy, I usually get three times what I paid for it when everything is sold.

Not really. I never has that kind of moment. I do both. I have a stash of NISB sets tucked away, but I also buy bulk lots. I enjoy going though bulk lots and figuring out what sets are hidden in there. Plus, most of the bulk lots I buy, I usually get three times what I paid for it when everything is sold.

3 times? I struggle to get 50% extra. Still have alot to learn :)

3 times? I struggle to get 50% extra. Still have alot to learn :)

It's all about not overpaying. On my floor I've got about 90 pounds I just bought for $150. From that lot I've already sold a Dino Defense HQ for $170. I fully expect about $1000 out of this lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpickeraaaaaaaswssssswssa