Ebay problem - anyone experience the same?

Ciglione

The last two weeks I get people from abroad (Israel and this morning Ireland) buying from me on ebay whilst I clearly stated to only sell Germany domestic. I also have the option of selling internationally turned off. I never had this before and now suddenly two cases. The buyer from Israel did not react or pay anymore. Now I am doubting if the buyer from Ireland is serious.

Anyone having experience with this? How do you deal with this? I am willing to sell to the Irish buyer. But the shipping costs will be higher then.

Thanks in advance.

I had the same problem 1 or 2 years ago from a buyer from mexico, but I did not sell internationally at that time (item cost was about 10 euros, shipping to france 5 euros, but shipping to mexico would have been 20 euros).

Worst is that he paid and the shipping price was the same as in france (of course I carefully double checked that I did not made a mistake).

So I told him I was not selling internationally but can make an exception so the shipping price would be 20 euros, he said "no problem you can cancel" and I tried to cancel but he never accepted the cancel so ebay charged me fees. Ah ah...

At least I didn't get a negative feedback...

I'm not sure why but I think ebay structures are not very good in some countries (mexico, israel...) so it may cause bugs and make appear some auctions they shouldn't normally see (and bid on).

Well, maybe they could see these if they connect to the ebay.yourcountry (ebay.de, ebay.fr...) but they should not be able to buy/bid.

Now when I do not sell internationally I add in my description "NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING" (bold and red) even if I've already chose the option "do not sell internationally"...

You can exclude Countries in the options where they do not ship!

Just exclude all countries!

Edit shipping policy ---> Exclude shipping locations

Select all countries except Germany!

Admittedly I have never had this issue. I have excluded countries to which I do not ship. S-America etc....

But if you do not ship internationally, the only way they can even see your listing is to log onto ebay.de (and presumably be able to read German!) 

If they do do this, it does not stop them from bidding, uinfortunately.

I agree with the others and want to add: turn off the pick up at home option (Abholung vor Ort), do you want that option then just write it in your product description. Before that I also had buyers from overseas (and didn't want to), but made good experience with a buyer from Ireland :)

Guest TabbyBoy

There are loopholes that eBay have still failed to fix. Even though I insist on blocking international bidders and selling to UK buyer only at eBay.co.uk, there are still too many that slip through.  The ones that have put me off international shipping are Russians and South Koreans where I have a 100% yes, a 100% bad buyer rate even though I've only had 4 buyers (scammers) from each that gave me a hard time and resulted in a loss.

I'm happy to say that I no longer sell on eBay.  I find Gumtree (cash on collection only) and word-of-mouth works for me.  Once, I've got rid of my current stash of "unwanted" sets, I'm taking a couple of years out for the big sets to appreciate and I'll then call it a day.  The attitude of todays eBay buyers suck and I've frankly had enough of them esp. working for minimum wage, if that.  eBay being a bunch of greedy r-soles was the last straw and I closed my account yesterday with 2010 feedbacks at 100%.

Guest TabbyBoy

Admittedly I have never had this issue. I have excluded countries to which I do not ship. S-America etc....

But if you do not ship internationally, the only way they can even see your listing is to log onto ebay.de (and presumably be able to read German!) 

I excluded Russia & South Korea and buyers still get through even after having eBay support on the line so, I closed my eBay account yesterday.

You can exclude Countries in the options where they do not ship!

Just exclude all countries!

Edit shipping policy ---> Exclude shipping locations

Select all countries except Germany!

Yes but doesn't it apply for all sells ?

So if ciglione (for instance) wants to sell the set A worldwide and item B only in his country, will this not apply to both item ?

hmmm interesting so maybe it can be "bypassed" through google if a person began the search on google instead of ebay...

Yes but doesn't it apply for all sells ?

So if ciglione (for instance) wants to sell the set A worldwide and item B only in his country, will this not apply to both item ?

hmmm interesting so maybe it can be "bypassed" through google if a person began the search on google instead of ebay...

You can set for every item a different shipping policy!!

Set A shipping policy Worldwide with no excluded shipping locations.

Set B shipping policy only shipping in his country with excluded shipping locations.

You can set for every item a different shipping policy!!

Set A shipping policy Worldwide with no excluded shipping locations.

Set B shipping policy only shipping in his country with excluded shipping locations.

Ok thanks :) (IMO the ebay panel and options are a terrible mess)

Were these Buy it Now listings or auctions?  On my auctions I always check the bidders out and if any of them are international I cancel their bids.  I also make sure to state that as well on the listing so it's clear.....but that doesn't always work.  I too have people who are international that bid on my items even though the auction states that I don't ship internationally.  I don't get it.  It's like they are too quick to bid and don't read everything.