CA Asst. Store Manager Caught Stealing Sets

Mos_Eisley

There is no point to steal anything. Get you $%&# together, go to school/get a job, work hard, get a bit of luck, etc. Stealing is an easy cop-out from doing work (there are exceptions), but there is no reason to do stupid things like this. 

How the heck do you you walk out of a store with a SSD or DS?  LOL

I am not an expert on malls, but many (most?) of the stores have back entrances for deliveries and employees use - if she was an assistant manager, loading up the car and locking up after everyone else went home was probably fairly simple.

• Like 1

I am not an expert on malls, but many (most?) of the stores have back entrances for deliveries and employees use - if she was an assistant manager, loading up the car and locking up after everyone else went home was probably fairly simple.

Probably true.  Tossing them in the dumpster.  Nice.

• Like 1

The other guy had 300 sets valued at $50k which averages out to $167 a pop. They weren't stealing speedorz and battle packs.

Probably true.  Tossing them in the dumpster.  Nice.

I hope it wasn't the Quizno's dumpster because we all know someone would have found them before she could get back to them..

• Like 3

Always interesting to read about Lego crime - probably the only toy product that continues to entice some over to the morally corrupt Dark Side...

Surely you jest.

Maybe the biggest (though Barbie isn't giving up the tiara without a fight, I'm sure) target for thievin', but by no means the only. Selling stolen goods is a fact of life from lipstick to Lionel trains to luggage tags to Purina Lion Chow.

That is true, but how do you account for the loss of inventory on her shift, especially on that type of scale?  She was bound to get caught.  If she was smart, she would have done it a little at a time over an extended period of time.....not that I condone stealing.  I think what she did was wrong.  She got greedy and is now going to pay the price.