Daily Deals Twitter Feed

I am posting a link to a Twitter feed I setup for the Daily Deals.  This is new and I have tied it into some of the processes I have been creating for the updated Daily Deals section.  Many of the main sites are in there (Amazon, Walmart, Target, Kmart, Argos, etc).  I still have a list to go, but you should see more activity in the coming days.  The Amazon process checks very often so you will see the most activity from them.  Right now I have it set for discounts of 20% or higher.  Feel free to follow it and lets see if we can make it a worthwhile feature for everyone.  Let me know what you think.  If there are Twitter experts out there, I am always open to ideas, so please send me a PM if you know of features that can make it better.

https://twitter.com/BrickDailyDeals

• Like 7

Of all the things to get me to join twitter...haha.

I've never used twitter, but would hashtags happen make it easier to sort through? Specifically tags for region, although I am not aware if twitter has such a sorting method to view the Daily Deals twitter feed with a hashtag filter on it, so we can view, say, France only deals. The best method to sort by region, IMO, is multiple twitters for different regions, but that just sounds like a headache, so hashtags like #bpdailydeals and #USDeal might allow us to sort, at least in the Search function...? Just a thought.

And I like the logo :D

Good idea. A little hard to follow with all the different countries represented though. I followed @marcandregauvn  :victory:

I like the suggestion by hobbycrafter.  I will look into that.  Again, I am not a Twitter master at all.  Ed actually uses it much more than I ever have.  At one point I was going to create multiple accounts, but that would be too much of a headache as well and it would probably work against the future features of the Daily Deals. I will see what can be done with the hashtags and if that will make a difference.

If you haven't used Twitter, you will. It is the best place to find information anywhere. It is almost instantaneous as well. I really love to follow sports writers and news/financial sites on it. It's short and sweet and gets to the point but gives you the links if you want to read further. Follow the right people and it can become a very useful tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 1

I also use twitter for all my news, sports, financial info, etc. I work in higher education and all the younger kids are using twitter and Instagram - they hate email....lol

It's because these youngen's attention span only lasts for 140 characters #oldmannaf ;)

• Like 4

Twitter can be used in several ways. If you actually want to tweet friends and other members, it works well as a social tool. If you want to use it to find out information and keep up to date with almost instantaneous news, it also shines. I use it for news and don't waste time with idiot reality or movie stars. Howard Stern is the craziest person that I follow, but most are sites like Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Sports Illustrated, and individual sports writers. Don't be intimidated. You don't have to tweet with anyone, just read their posts.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

• Like 1

I am not sure what this means?

Poor example would be this:

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-FZ70-Digital-Optical-Stabilized/dp/B00DY2Y28M

Main product page lists the price from 3rd Party Seller - Amazon sells same item, but with "ship in 2-4 weeks". That makes 3rd Party seller win the "buy box", even though the price is $100 higher.

Sometimes, "buy box" could be won by 3rd Party seller pricing the item very very low (say, by mistake). If their delivery terms are very close to Amazon's terms, then 3rd Party price will be shown on the main product page. If you are looking at price via API applying "amazon" as merchant filter, you will see only Amazon's own listings.