6 yr old with Inoperable brain tumor, birthday is this friday: send stuff?

brickelements

I am going to donate/send a med size box of Lego and a birthday card (not sure of the set yet) to this boy.

What do you think Star Wars or Castle series or both?

I just found this on my local KSDK news site and it links bck to the original article.

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/19/boy-battling-cancer-only-wants-a-box-of-birthday-cards-for-his-birthday/12887255/

Danny's birthday is July 25. All cards can be mailed the Nickerson's home addressed:

Remember he is only 6.

Danny Nickerson,

P.O. Box 212,

Foxboro, MA, 02035.

I am not sure how adept/able he may be to play or build them.  But if nothing else...please feel free to send him a birthday card.

Thanks to those who can find the time to participate.

His P.O. Box address is at the bottom of the article.

Not a lot of time to coordinate, but if you choose to do something please post what you did. 

Thanks

Scott

Hi Everyone,

We have just found out about this little boy.We are in Scotland. There is no time to get his birthday card to him in time. We want to send a Lego e-card which we think we can do. We also need to find Mum Dad or one of the family to see what else we can do to help,

Kind Regards,

Angela

Brickelements, thanks for sharing this story, what a cool little guy.

I've got a sealed set of 16 Simpsons minifigs going out to him this afternoon (w/ a card of course). I also talked with the instructor at my sons summer care program, they are going to have all the kids there make cards for him this morning which I'm going to pick up & get into the package as well, should be about 30 - 40 kids making them.

Thanks again for sharing brickelements!

• Like 2

Thank you dispatch.  Awesome deal, What a great gesture.

Toffee - Angela, I wonder if the local news station would be willing to give out the parent/s information so we have a better idea on how to help.

Rowdy1138, Comicblast -  Thank You

http://easton.wickedlocal.com/article/20140721/NEWS/140729512/12451/LIFESTYLE

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/foxboro/birthday-wishes-from-around-the-world-for-foxboro-s-danny/article_bf8caef3-0a9b-5faf-9656-c577e9150c75.html

It warms my heart to read about all the support for this one child.

I couldn't avoid thinking about my own son and I cried a little from it.

We worked so hard to find him. He has only been in our lives since Feb.

Imagining what his mom and others are feeling bring sadness and terror into my soul.

I would like to find an already established non-profit and share my passion for Lego with them. Thru donations and proper investing techniques there would enough Lego for all kids like Danny.

• Like 1

Update from Danny's Mom via Facebook: I posted a photo album of all the pictures from today! It took 12 of us to fill up 5 vehicles of cards and packages!!! Danny was so excited and was smiling the whole time. We got to the post office at 4:30 because today was a chemo day and we were in Boston so we got home right in time for the post office!!
Danny did great at chemo today, Matthew and Nana came with us. He was full of energy all day and so happy! He played dress up, did music therapy, and played with the play food!
We are so incredible blessed by all the love that everyone is showing us! We never thought one small article to the news paper was going to turn into a world wide story for our little hero! We truly cant believe all of the mail that we have received! Thank you everyone! We will be posting more pictures of Danny with all of his cards soon!!
And sorry for this being such a late update! I am finally finding 5 minutes to sit and be on the computer! We have been running crazy all day! Love to you all! Goodnight!

https://www.facebook.com/dannyswarriors/photos_stream

I hope his mom will realize that with such a wonderful response to Danny, maybe Danny can spread the love and give to other children less fortunate.

That is a ton (might even be literal) of stuff.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, I got my package out Tuesday afternoon also, the kids' cards had me tearing up a little as I was going through them to make sure there wasn't anything inappropriate snuck into any of them.

I checked out their FB page too, that is really something going on right there. Thanks again for making me aware of this.

• 2 months later...