How long do Winter Village sets stick around for?

abri123

Do the Winter Village sets usually stick around for two years and then disappear? I was looking on Brickset and it seems the older sets stuck around for a couple of years but the newer sets are out for like a year. When would be the best time to purchase these at a discount (if possible)? I wasn't sure how soon to jump on the sets when they are released.

Do the Winter Village sets usually stick around for two years and then disappear? I was looking on Brickset and it seems the older sets stuck around for a couple of years but the newer sets are out for like a year. When would be the best time to purchase these at a discount (if possible)? I wasn't sure how soon to jump on the sets when they are released.

At one time people used to be able and find these on some hefty sales after the holidays same as the advent calendars but Lego has gotten wise about the amount of stock produced and select availability. Also I believe the Winter Village sets are covered under the "no discounts on exclusives" policy meaning the double to triple VIP point events are the closest thing to a discount nowadays.

Anyway, two years or less seems to be the norm with these Winter Village sets. The Winter Village Cottage released in 2012 was sold out well before December of last year and then labeled as "Retired Product" later on into this one.

• 1 month later...

Last year, the Winter Village Cottage was gone before the Christmas season was over.  I remember trying to find it in November, and couldn't.

The Market wasn't as popular, and I've seen them on shelves all year, so it might be around longer.  But this will be it's second holiday season, so who knows.

Market is STILL available at LEGO Shop at Home last I checked.  This will be its last year for sure I would think.  Santa's Workshop is going to be popular, I don't see it hanging around too long this season, if it even makes it to Christmas.  Cottages are going to bring a pretty penny. I think it may be the best of the line so far.

If Santa's Workshop is released early to VIPs in September, is it generally safe to hold off until October to purchase these sets? The september LEGO Shop at Home promo doesn't interest me so I'd rather buy in October but don't want to miss out.

Should be safe to wait until October, I don't think I've ever seen a winter set sell out that fast.  That said, when they are gone for the season, I don't think they come back until next year.

Should be safe to wait until October, I don't think I've ever seen a winter set sell out that fast.  That said, when they are gone for the season, I don't think they come back until next year.

Thanks.  Though I wonder if they'll sell quickly this year because the workshop appears to be a cool set and its less expensive than the previous ones.