Lego Building Instructions App

Pseudoty

So this is new to me but perhaps others have tried it since it has been out since February. I picked up the new Technic 42022 Hot Rod today and on the box is a link to download the free app from iTunes. Just google "Lego Building Instructions app" for the link. I am using the ipad air version and IMO it is amazing. I think this is the only set available as of now but I would recommend trying it just to see what is coming our way

No more need for PDF this is 3D rendering with 360 degree views and not sure of the term but you can see where the part you are working on will go in the outline of the finished model. It has a few neat features to try out as well.

Now the wait for them to add more sets.

• Like 1

Sounds great.  Had a look for the Android app and found it here if anyone is interested.  At the moment it only supports a couple of different Tablets, so pretty limited, but maybe they'll expand it to more devices and load plenty more instructions in the future.

• Like 1

Sounds like a really good idea.  Is the color differentiation any better than some of the printed instructions?  I have noticed some sets don't have a lot of variation between dark gray and black.

Yes.  I know with the Arch sets it is hard to tell on the black background.  I am going to build it this weekend and I will provide feedback.

I am just over half way done and loving this app. Very easy to differentiate colors and shades. The biggest advantages for me so far is the video of each step that shows how far the technic parts go in and the ability to rotate the image in any direction and on any axis. The only downfall is that you have to be carefully not to inadvertently touch the ipad screen as you can skip steps.

post-31269-0-65520500-1405824870_thumb.j

• Like 1

All done and I would give the app 8.5/10 and I am sure there will be updates not to mention more sets. I am hoping the 42025 Cargo Plane is next. It does to PDFs what Blue Ray did to VHS and much better then the non-cardboard backed folded up instruction booklets that came with the set. I definitely see this as an evolution in building but some purists may think that it dumbs down the process. It still doesn't put those stickers on for you.

post-31269-0-70762400-1405905819_thumb.j

All done and I would give the app 8.5/10 and I am sure there will be updates not to mention more sets. I am hoping the 42025 Cargo Plane is next. It does to PDFs what Blue Ray did to VHS and much better then the non-cardboard backed folded up instruction booklets that came with the set. I definitely see this as an evolution in building but some purists may think that it dumbs down the process. It still doesn't put those stickers on for you.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Looks sick, I'm impressed. One day when I get free time I want to get this and figure out how to make the pistons run. I don't care if it actually drives.